Solved

Galaxy Watch LTE - Unable to update software

• First activity
  • 6 replies

My Galaxy watch is running R815USQU1BRJ3 firmware, from last October. According to this page there have been 3 software updates since that version. The Most recent one being rather significant because it updates the UI. I have tried every method I can find or think of to get it to update. I've paired it with Samsung Phones, Non-Samsung Android Phones, and iPhones, and even run in in standalone mode. It doesn't matter if I check for updates in the app or on the watch itself, it just tells me it's already running on the latest software. I've factory reset it more times than I can count.

I'm running out of warranty on it and I want to get this issue resolved before it becomes an expensive, buggy paperweight.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 17 July 2019, 23:36

That's a bummer they weren't able to work with you. Warranty exchanges are fairly simple. Here's all the info you need with regard to completing a warranty exchange: Exchange a device under warranty​.

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

exactly how are you trying to update it with?

Are you asking because you don't know how? The steps to update are found in the page linked in my question. They can also be found easily by searching the web. My question is directed toward anybody who might have ran into the same problem I have, where the watch simply isn't seeing that there are any updates available. Perhaps somebody has already found a way around the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am asking you how are you checking.  Mine updated just fine using Galaxy Wear app, and not through the watch itself.

Thank you, I've tried it both ways,

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It's a roll out any generally goes out randomly by IMEI.  So if you don't see it in any way then generally your device hasn't been pinged yet.

All oems do this to ensure a lot of peoples devices don't get bricked if there is a problem. 

I hear you, but I think in the last 8 months my device would have picked up something. As I said, I'm 3 updates behind. The code my watch is running came out in October of last year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

did you FR your watch?

Yes. At least 10 times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The only thing I can say is contact T-Force and try a warranty exchange

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Most Samsung devices have a tool to update them manually.  You might want to check Samsung's forum and support pages to see if this tool is available to manually update your watch. 

Userlevel 5

Hey, @sud0​!

Your Watch is definitely running a bit behind. It sounds like you've tried everything to get it to update with no luck. I'm with @tidbits and @syaoran​ on this one. Have you had a chance to Community-2153 for a possible warranty exchange or worked with Samsung directly?

Userlevel 5

Happy Wednesday!

Just checking in to see if you still need help!

Thanks for getting involved, Amanda. I did try working with Samsung directly and the experience was poor. How would a warranty exchange work going through T-Mobile?

Userlevel 5

That's a bummer they weren't able to work with you. Warranty exchanges are fairly simple. Here's all the info you need with regard to completing a warranty exchange: Exchange a device under warranty​.

Thanks Amanda! I just got off the phone and it only took about 10 minutes for the rep to set up my warranty exchange. Much better customer service than I got from Samsung. Cheers!

I agree we are now over 7 months behind in firmware updates.

My Galaxy watch is running R815USQU1BRJ3 firmware, from last October. According to this page there have been 3 software updates since that version. The Most recent one being rather significant because it updates the UI. I have tried every method I can find or think of to get it to update. I've paired it with Samsung Phones, Non-Samsung Android Phones, and iPhones, and even run in in standalone mode. It doesn't matter if I check for updates in the app or on the watch itself, it just tells me it's already running on the latest software. I've factory reset it more times than I can count.

I'm running out of warranty on it and I want to get this issue resolved before it becomes an expensive, buggy paperweight.

You used the word "standalone", ok now now exactly are you using your watch in standalone mode? Maybe scream it so someone here at tmobile can finally understand what I'm trying to do and how their own products are incorporated into someone's account. I'm paying for a service and a device I'm not even using because of this. Frustrating as hell