Question

getting emergency alert sounds night and day!

• 2 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Really really sick of this! Let my service lapse for 24 hours, after bill paid not only does the phone claim my sd card is "corrupted" I get non stop audio emergency alerts sound only, no text. Is the phone trying to tell me there is something wrong with the sd card? Went into a store yesterday guy told me I needed to have a technician look at it and do not try to dump files onto my computer lest it become corrupted also. I have half a mind to switch over to my decade old flip phone I am so sick of this!!! WTH can I do to fix this?! Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

What phone model are you using and can you be more specific about the problem that initiated the issue?

Badge

Hi... I'm not sure what happened... perhaps the sd card got bumped out of place inside the phone? I carefully made sure it and the sim card were properly in place... restarted the  phone... and still all hours of the day and night I get the audio emergency alert but no message anywhere. I have an older phone a Samsung J7. Also have had all of my computers crash in quick succession - always the day after I badmouth Bill Gates!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Virus (and I don't mean COVID-19)! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I would try a factory reset of the device.  It sounds like some rogue app is using the Emergency/Presidential Alert sound.  If it still happens after that, there is a way to disable all emergency alerts permanently, but I don't recommend anyone do so unless they understand that the only way to restore it after removing it is with a factory reset.  However, it still leaves the sound file on the device and that sound file can easily be found online for malicious app developers to use in malicious apps.  Knowing what you install on your device and that it comes from trusted sources is very important to securing your device. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

With all your electronics crashing, I’d look for a bigger problem or at least a cure that encompasses ALL your devices at once. Otherwise, you may end up just passing the infection back and forth between devices ad infinitum...:rolling_eyes: