Question

Getting URGENT emails to upgrade my 5G phone rgdg 3G retirement. WHY?

Badge

Getting URGENT emails to upgrade my 5G phone regarding 3G retirement. WHY?

I love my current Xioami 5G phone. Why would I upgrade?

PRESUMABLY, they are retiring 3G points on the network to upgrade them to 5G.

So, theoretically,  my service should actually get BETTER after 3G retirement,  not worse!

Am I missing something??? 🤯

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

unless it does not have VoLTE capabilities you should be fine. was it purchased from TMO or elsewhere and brought in as a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)?

Badge

Hmm, I had to look that up.

What I found was a post on xiaomi community that said use code

*#*#VOLTE#*#* aka

*#*#86583#*#*

To enable it. I suppose I'll give that a try. Thanks for the info.

That was never mentioned in the urgent upgrade notices.

Badge

When I entered the volte code it said

“voLTE carrier code check disabled”

That didn't sound good. So I entered it again and it said

“voLTE carrier code check enabled”.

I think I'll Leave it like that and see what happens July whatever.

Thanks for your assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

as long as it works with TMOs VoLTE you should be fine. calls and texts pretty much go over 3G so if it doesnt work then you wont be able to make/receive calls and possibly texts.

if VoLTE is turned on right now and you make a call you should see something at the top in the notifications area showing you are connected to VoLTE..it’ll either say it or there will be a phone symbol with VoLTE right above it..if those are not there then the devices VoLTE might not be compatible with the TMO set up.

also a problem you might run into.

was it purchased from TMO or brought in from elsewhere?

Badge +1

Just got IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED, SERVICE IMPACTS. must replace phone, 3G retirement message on my 4G LTE TMO branded phone, Called 611 and they told me everything is fine and ignore message.

Badge

I bought the xiaomi 10T Lite on ebay from a Florida seller a couple years ago. Hoping to get at least one more year out of it before I succumb to the corporate clone phone.

Had comparable specs to current iPhones and Samsungs plus a larger 3 day battery for $379.

Plus it has removable SD card, TV remote, 3.5mm headphone jack and other stuff us old luddites are attached to.