Solved

Google messaging

• 24 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Can you delete several text messages at one time on Google messages? There does not seem to be a way to select multiple messages, a feature on Verizon messaging app that I used for several years.

icon

Best answer by tidbits 24 September 2022, 05:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

tap and hold then should become highlighted and from there you can select which ones you want to delete.  Might be the same for individual message within the chat.  Not on an Android device right now to check.

Badge

Thank you so much Pillar. Worked perfectly. 

Rcs between my wife and I are not working I have a s22 ultra and she has  a s21 plus using Google messages on her side it says chatting with while my phone It Saya texting with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Rcs between my wife and I are not working I have a s22 ultra and she has  a s21 plus using Google messages on her side it says chatting with while my phone It Saya texting with.

Do you have “Enable Chat Features” enabled under “Chat Features” under General Settings?  RCS has been a bit of a mess since July so that might be the issue.  I rolled back my Android Messages app a while back when the issue showed up along with the other text messages sending and receiving reliability issues.  That solved my issues with the app until Google actually fixes it.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

in settings search for Sim manager.  Turn off SIM 1 and give it 10 seconds turn it back on.  Should fix the problem.  Samsung/Google are aware of the issue