Google Pixel 4A 5G - Real World Use Review

• 25 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

So, we’ve had the Google Pixel 4A 5G for a while now; I’ve put it through it’s paces with the camera and video (my main thing on new phones), so I had it activated for my step-daughter to replace her aging Samsung phone.  Here’s her take:

Hello, my name is Robyn, I am the step-daughter of your Product Ambassador, @wingland.  Wingland let me put the Google Pixel 4a 5G through my daily use, which he said would be a lot more typical of who’d be using the phone than him. I’m in college and working full time, and in my free time, I chat with friends over Discord and play online games. I count on my phone to keep me connected and to keep the calendar updated so I know when my shifts are and when I have to Zoom into my classroom, or when an assignment is due.

First off, the Google Pixel 4a 5G runs nearly four times faster than my previous one. I do a lot of messaging on Discord, and it just takes about 3 to 4 seconds to load after closing the app. Texting on discord is instant as well as messaging your friends, family, or coworkers. It’s a lot easier to use the calendar too with as fast as the phone is. My old phone was pretty clunky and I hated to update things on the calendar because it took so long to do. With the Pixel 4a 5G I can get things done and stay in touch a lot faster.

This phone's camera feature has great details, however, I can’t quite seem to get the flash working well there isn’t a button I have found for it yet. As for the photos and downloads feature on this phone it is very different from the phone I used to have, you have to use the app ‘Files’ to see all the things I have downloaded instead of it all being in the gallery. 

I have about 5 games installed and all work really well on this phone. The games all load quickly and you can immediately start playing and enjoying them. They run smoothly, and I haven’t found anything that lags or crashes. Snapchat and Instagram work very well too, however, it won’t load filters on Snapchat quickly, which is kind of irritating but I don’t think that is the phone, I believe it is more of a problem with Snapchat than the phone.

The audio on the phone is a bit tricky. you can hear other people great on the phone but while on Discord calls they can’t quite hear you in return. I have no way to change that feature on this phone so I don’t use the phone for discord calls. 

For security,  this phone has fingerprint passwords which makes my life a whole lot easier instead of always having to use my pin and having to wait up to 2 minutes just to use my keyboard for anything. Overall this is a great upgrade to where I was and would highly recommend this phone to other teenagers to use that just want a fast, affordable, and reliable phone. 

So there you have it - fast, functional, and great for your teen or college student keeping up with an online social, school and work life! 

Will England, Product Ambassador

The Product Ambassadors are employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of T-Mobile. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Good to see you in here brotha.