Google Pixel 4A - Stupidly simple setup process

• 7 January 2021
  • 0 replies

Badge

If you’ve ever replaced an iPhone with another iPhone, or an Android with another Android, then you are probably used to some kind of process to get your old data and apps onto your new phone.  Some brands are better than others at making this process easy, but none are as foolproof as that on the Google Pixel 4a.  The Pixel 4a holds your hand through a process of direct connection over USB or Lightning cable to move everything over, in a fast and easy way.  I really don’t think it could be easier.  What’s interesting to me is that the Pixel 4a, despite being an Android device, is kind of device agnostic in a way.  Its interface is a little different than most Androids and iPhones, and the process of getting your data over doesn’t care what you are upgrading from.  Yes, it’s an Android, but a Pixel strives to be something unique; it strives to simply be the best device money can buy, regardless of what you used to use.

I’d like to go through each of the features later, in much more depth.  What I will say now is that it is obvious that a great amount of thought went into how this device works, why it works a certain way, and what hardware was implanted to make it work.  Nothing about this phone was left up to chance.  It is also a device that just does whatever I need it to do in such a natural and intuitive way, that I don’t really have to obsess or think about it.  It is such an excellent design that it doesn’t get in the way, and can be easily taken for granted at just how awesome it really is.

#TeamPixel #MadeByGoogle #TMobile

So, this strategy that Google used to really think about what we need and how to deliver it becomes super evident in the almost incredible ease as setting it up the first time.  I use a lot of phones from a lot of manufacturers, so I’ve familiar with moving my data over in a jillion different ways.  I’ve go experience with it, and it doesn’t bother me at all, but this method of doing most of the transfer over USB with a few simple and explicit steps made me realize that I’ve been doing it the hard way on all my older phones.  Don’t be intimidated by this phone.  You will be able to get all of your contacts, text messages, and apps moved over very easily.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are T-Mobile employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of T-Mobile devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of T-Mobile. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!