Question

Google Pixel 6?

• 14 October 2021
  • 42 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does anybody know if you'll be carrying the Google Pixel 6 and Pro? The reason I ask is because there's a launch event on the 19th of October and then supposedly preorders is going to start on the 19th of October as well. I know that T-Mobile entered into a new Google partnership again which almost 99.9% guarantees that T-Mobile is going to get the new phones in the future. Also I just recently came across a blog post on T-Mobile's official website about how they're going to support future Pixel phones other Google devices as well as make Google Messages the default messaging app. So I can only assume that it's going to come to T-Mobile, but I don't want to jump the gun and make that assumption and get let down if it's not coming to T-Mobile.

So I would just like to know in advance if the Pixel 6 is going to come to T-Mobile, so I can get prepared to preorder it on the 19th. Also I'm very well aware that I can get an unlocked version from Google directly and then use it with T-Mobile's service. Which I don't want to do that because I've heard of multiple people having issues with other unlocked Pixels having kbps speeds on T-Mobile's network. Also I've had another device many years ago that was unlocked and trying to use it on T-Mobile's network which was a complete failure and it didn't work. Which I ended up having to get a T-Mobile branded phone instead. so I don't want to take the chance with an unlocked version of the phone again, because if it's a T-Mobile branded version then it's guaranteed to be supported on the T-Mobile network.

So thanks in advance for taking the time to read this long post, answer my question and give me some help!

42 replies

Badge

Trying to find out about the 6pro from the Chat on the Tmobile app. Haven’t got through to anyone yet.  Google was suppose to partner with Tmobile back in March and then all of sudden the pixel line disappeared. 

For what it's worth, I'm currently using an unlocked Pixel 5 that I purchased from Best Buy, and I'm getting 5G speeds of 300-600 Mbps down. This is in the Houston area. 

I asked my local retailer when they'd have the 6 in stock, but he said they wouldn't know for another week or so. This tells me they will be carrying it, since he didn't say they didn't know if they'd have it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you would think they would have announced its upcoming arrival like they do with for example the Iphone 13 launch/pre order page though.

It's not available for pre-order yet, anywhere. That (probably) won't occur until next Tuesday which is when Google officially unveils the device, even though Google has pretty much shown us everything about it already.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It's not available for pre-order yet, anywhere. That (probably) won't occur until next Tuesday which is when Google officially unveils the device, even though Google has pretty much shown us everything about it already.

Thank you for telling me this, but yes I already know all of this and I mentioned this in the original post. All I was asking is if anybody knows if it's going to be available for T-Mobile on the 19th. The reason I ask is because T-Mobile doesn't have any Pixel phone except the Pixel 4A and not even the Pixel 5.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

with it being this close to their launch im going to guess no but im bouncing the question off someone i know...gonna see if i can get a bit of info or not

Userlevel 2
Badge

you would think they would have announced its upcoming arrival like they do with for example the Iphone 13 launch/pre order page though.

Google is having an event on the 19th at 10AM PT/1PM ET, and then after that I believe on the 19th is when the phones are going to be available for preorder. The only thing is I would like to know if anybody happens to know in advance before the 19th, if T-Mobile is going to have the phone. The reason I ask is because T-Mobile only has the Pixel 4A and not even the 5 and I also don't believe they carried any other Google pixel phone before that. To me Google and T-Mobile have been very distant with each other even after making the partnership back in March.

Which T-Mobile has a blog post on their official website stating that they're going to support future Pixel phones and Google devices along with making Google messages the default messaging app across T-Mobile. Also I heard that T-Mobile entered a new partnership  with Google back in March I believe and usually that indicates that 99.9% of the time they're going to get the new Google devices as well.

So the only thing that I can assume out of all this is that T-Mobile is going to get every new Pixel from the 6 here on out. Which obviously that's not a concrete definite factual answer in any capacity lol.

Badge

Do you loose anything coveragewise from Tmobile when using a phone you purchase elsewhere or from the manufacture direct?  I know it wouldn’t be insured but I can get that from Google. Anything else I would be missing? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you would have to cross check which bands it covers and or doesnt cover..not to sure i have come across any of the Pixel lines that couldnt be used through TMO.

Badge

Yeah I tried to ask through the Chat on Tmobile app and  didn’t really get an answer. It seemed like the associate was more interested in pushing the Iphone or android

Thank you for telling me this, but yes I already know all of this and I mentioned this in the original post. All I was asking is if anybody knows if it's going to be available for T-Mobile on the 19th. The reason I ask is because T-Mobile doesn't have any Pixel phone except the Pixel 4A and not even the Pixel 5.

This in response to the other poster who wondered why they didn't have a pre-order page live yet. My answer: it's because there are no pre-orders live yet in any place, including T-Mobile. 

That said, they are already putting screen protectors for the devices in the stores so it's not a matter of whether they will sell it, but when. The consensus seems to be that it will be unveiled on the 19th with preorders going live that day, and the device actually being available in hand two weeks later.

https://www.xda-developers.com/these-are-some-of-the-screen-protectors-t-mobile-will-sell-for-the-pixel-6-pro/

Userlevel 2
Badge

you would have to cross check which bands it covers and or doesnt cover..not to sure i have come across any of the Pixel lines that couldnt be used through TMO.

Well I have done some research into bands and I'm getting some really weird answers which doesn't make me feel comfortable getting an unlocked version. Supposedly the band's match T-Mobile's network and it's supported, but many Pixel users have been complaining that they're getting kbps speeds. Which is what happened to me years ago on an unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile's network before they were officially available on T-Mobile's Network. So I'm not going to spend all that money on the Pro only for it not to work and then I would have to get another T-Mobile branded device or I would have to go back to my device that I have now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

then again their iphone 13 pre order thread only came out a couple days before the actual pre order..so its still a possibility..just wont hear anything info wise until then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yeah I tried to ask through the Chat on Tmobile app and  didn’t really get an answer. It seemed like the associate was more interested in pushing the Iphone or android

until official announcement of them actually selling it they cant say anything..

Userlevel 2
Badge

I've been with T-Mobile 13+ years and I can say that if they try to push another device on you when asking for a specific phone release that means that they're not going to have the Pixel 6. Which please don't take this as a final set in stone answer, this is just my past experience and could've changed. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

then again their iphone 13 pre order thread only came out a couple days before the actual pre order..so its still a possibility..just wont hear anything info wise until then.

Also I do know of other devices that have been released in the past that ended up having their preorders start right when they're event was finished. This could be the same thing that they're doing with the Pixel 6. I just want to know if anyone to just give me a heads up of T-Mobile being an official branded carrier now, or am I just going to have to wait on to the event on the 19th?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Trying to find out about the 6pro from the Chat on the Tmobile app. Haven’t got through to anyone yet.  Google was suppose to partner with Tmobile back in March and then all of sudden the pixel line disappeared. 

I never thought of doing this and I'm going to contact them in a little bit just to see what answers I can get. Which once I'm done doing that, I will let you know what happened.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It's just my luck that the T-Mobile app is not working for me right now. It's telling me to update the app and it directs me to the Play Store. When I go there it's already completely up-to-date and I cannot update it anymore. So at the moment I'm completely unable to open the app and use it. So unfortunately I can chat with an agent unless there's a web browser version of the chat.

Badge

So just received a message from Customer support team - they are not sure if they are carrying the Pixel 6 series however an unlocked version will work on Tmobile’s network. Hope that helps 

Userlevel 2
Badge

So just received a message from Customer support team - they are not sure if they are carrying the Pixel 6 series however an unlocked version will work on Tmobile’s network. Hope that helps 

I really appreciate your help, but even though you told me what you told me I still feel weary about an unlocked version.

Badge

Yeah me too!  I might go with the iphone instead. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Also I do know of other devices that have been released in the past that ended up having their preorders start right when they're event was finished. This could be the same thing that they're doing with the Pixel 6. I just want to know if anyone to just give me a heads up of T-Mobile being an official branded carrier now, or am I just going to have to wait on to the event on the 19th?

also possible..im still a bit new to how TMO runs things over here..Sprint side that info was popped out soon as they could get permission...heck that pre order thread was already typed up and ready to fire up before they were given the go ahead so it everyone could get the info right off the bat and not have to wait.. different carrier different ways to do things.

Userlevel 2
Badge

So I just realized that you can use T-Mobile chat on their mobile website. So I started chatting with this person and her answer was contradicting herself. First she tells me that she has no information if it's going to be available or not at any time even after the 19th. Then in the same message she tells me that once it becomes available it's going to be listed at this link she gave me, (the phone part where you can purchase phones on T-Mobile's website). I told her what do you mean once it becomes available if you told me you don't know if it's going to become available. She ended up being all confused so I just ended up ending the chat. Which I have no problem with them telling me no that it's not going to be available, that they do not know or that they have no information at the time to give me, but telling me that they do not know and then once it becomes available it would be listed at a certain link in the same message to me is contradicting themselves because it could only be one or the other not both. 

So then I went back and attempted to chat with a second agent to get a better clear answer. The second agent is completely incompetent and told me you can check back to let you know when it's going to be back in stock again I had to explain to the agent that it's a brand new device and the pre-order start this Tuesday the 19th and it's not available yet for any carrier. The question is if it's going to be available for pre-order for T-Mobile or not and she completely ignored me and never responded back. I'm never getting a clear-cut yes, no, I don't know, maybe, possible. Nothing like that I get contradictions or they have no idea what I'm talkin about in think the phone is already released.

Then I attempted to call T-Mobile and there was a 45-minute whole time just right now, so I hung up and that was that. So I guess I just have to wait until the 19th and get a clear-cut answer then

For what it's worth... Before seeing this thread I had wondered the same thing... The lady I talked to on customer care seeeeeeemed like she was trying to tell me they would have them without being able to tell me they would have them... Convo went something like ... I don't know , we have no information but... On the 19th you should check out our phones sales page....

Userlevel 2
Badge

For what it's worth... Before seeing this thread I had wondered the same thing... The lady I talked to on customer care seeeeeeemed like she was trying to tell me they would have them without being able to tell me they would have them... Convo went something like ... I don't know , we have no information but... On the 19th you should check out our phones sales page....

She's basically trying to tell you without directly telling you because she can't directly tell you. Which I will take that with at least a 90% chance, but I wouldn't take for a set in stone guaranteed 100% answer.

Also thanks for responding and giving me the answer, which honestly to me that gives me a lot of hope that it's coming on the 19th.