Question

Google Play Services

• 11 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

My google play services is dated Jun 1. Everyone else says it should Aug 1.  Why hasn't T-Mobile updated it yet?  They seem to be always lagging behind with patches and updates. 

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

out of curiosity which phone do you have and which phones were you comparing the Google Play store update variants with? same phone as yours or different phones?

Badge

Thanks gramps28. I tried that and it comes up installed.  I tried to clear cache and data on both Google Play Services and Google Play Store. That did not yield any results either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Did you check the link I posted? It's an app tied from Google not the carrier.

Badge

gramps28 - I have a Note 20 Ultra 5G and on 11 UI 3.1

firguy_6364 - Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it did not work. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

power down your phone for about 5 minutes then turn it back on and see if it kicks any additional updates through the play store.  figure it like this...ANY app that starts with or contains the words “Google” are all on Google...not the carrier..

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I'm using Android 12 and the Google play services are updated using the play store. I believe it's a hidden app.

What phone and version of Android are you using?

Google Play services

Badge

IN addition I cannot find Google Play services on the play store. 

Badge

Well then I am unsure as to why my phone does not have the update, but other Android users do. None of them are T-Mobile. Baffles me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Play services is updated through the play store.

Now security updates are through Tmobile.