Solved

Group Conversations on Galaxy Avant?

• 3 August 2014
  • 8 replies

Is the Avant able to hold group conversations? I have two friends who do this on their iPhones, and I would really like to have group conversations with them. I followed the instructions to enable group conversation for the Samsung Galaxy 5, but I did not see an option to enable it on my phone.

icon

Best answer by siphus007 4 August 2014, 18:34

Hm, then you should be fine. In Messages, hit the 3 dots, tap Settings, Multimedia messages. 'Group conversation' should be the first option, and checked. Do you see that option?

View original

8 replies

When you go to settings, about device, status, and look under your Phone Number, does it display or does it say 'unknown'?

My number is displayed.

Hm, then you should be fine. In Messages, hit the 3 dots, tap Settings, Multimedia messages. 'Group conversation' should be the first option, and checked. Do you see that option?

Okay, I had that option checked, but I tried it again with my friends and it worked!

Is there a way I can get rid of the "no subject" line (because it's a multimedia message) when I receive their texts?

Do you know how to do it if your number is not displayed?

I think you have call Care, they do some kind of magic with your phone number

Do you know how i can get rid of Call care? or someway to get around it?

My family has 3 T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Avant phones.  We could group message on 2 of 3 phones.  The problem phone was set up as a new line activation and the T-Mobile store gave me a SIM card to activate the phone and new number.  See the SIM on the left (notice the difference).  The other two phones that could group message used the SIM cards that came in the box with the phone (SIM on the right).  I tried resetting the phone with no luck.  As soon as I put in the SIM card that came with the phone group messaging was active.

Never would have guessed SIM cards could be so different!