Question

Group texts from iphone come to me as individual text on my Android Samsung Galaxy A70

• 7 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a Galaxy A70 and am using the Samsung Message app.  When I’m part of a group text from an iphone, the messages come to me individually and I cannot tell that I am part of a group message. I’ve had this phone for a couple of years but it just started doing this last month.  Very frustrating. Any Ideas?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

might be an issue on their end and not yours. heck just taking a look at my group texts settings on my V60 i can send as SMS reply to all recipients and get individual replies (mass text) or send MMS reply to all recipients (group MMS)

check your settings to see which its set to..might be under advanced settings.

One thing that seems to work is to check the numbers of the people in the group chat and make sure there’s a +1 in front of the number. Not just a 1, a “+1”. I’ve done that to a few group chats and that seems to work. The problem happened just now and i realized one number only had a “1” not a “+1”. this is such a terrible problem and i hope we all find a permanent solution.

I’ve been told it has something to do with the tower pings bc it sends through MMS on mixed android/iphone group chats. No one else seems to have this problem.

I’ve called T-Mobile and they reset my network settings but i still had the issue.