Solved

How can i disable my voicemail?

• 3 January 2016
  • 19 replies

I would like to disable my voicemail so that i can no longer recieve voicemails how can i do this

icon

Best answer by theartiszan 3 January 2016, 03:52

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 3

I have seen a few people ask this. I never figured out why people would want to.

You have to call tech support to remove the option. You cannot do it on your own.

It's common to deactivate voicemail people do it all the time to use another service such as Google Voice.

You can set your conditional forwards to a number that won't answer.  You used to be able to get Tech Support to disable DCF, which allowed the customer to turn voicemail off and on but I've been told that they won't do that any more.. So, you're stuck in the-customer-is-an-idiot mode.

Userlevel 3

In the case of Google voice you are not deactivating voicemail but forwarding to another number other than the T-Mobile voicemail system. In that case you just change the conditional call forwarding to the service you want to use instead.

I was unaware that they didn't do that anymore. It has been a while since I have heard of anyone requesting it.

Depending on what kind of phone you have:

IF you have an Phone:

Step 1: Go to your home screen and tap on the keypad icon at the bottom.

Step 2: Once the keypad is launched, type ##002# and then click on the Call button. There is no cause for worry since the iPhone will not actually make the call, but will display the settings of your voicemail.

Step 3: You will be presented with three different messages
* Voice Call Forwarding
* Data Call Forwarding
* Fax Call forwarding.

Do not do anything, but simply tap on the “Dismiss” tab at the bottom of the screen. You will have successfully disabled your voicemail for all types of calls.

They charge you for voicemails like phone calls when your in England. So just dail #796#  . It will show you that voicemail was turned on or off .

I disabled my voicemail because I got tired of bill collectors, telemarketers, and robots leaving messages or at least staying on the line long enough to register a blank message. Blocking their numbers doesn't help when they can still leave a message. If someone is calling and they aren't a pest, I'll see their number for me to call back (especially if they are a contact) or they can text me or email me. I'd probably turn it back on if T-Mobile gave the option to not allow blocked callers to leave messages.

That is correct.  T-Mobile has confirmed they have to do it fo you. I have had this done twice so far.

Depending on what kind of phone you have:

IF you have an Phone:

Step 1: Go to your home screen and tap on the keypad icon at the bottom.

Step 2: Once the keypad is launched, type ##002# and then click on the Call button. There is no cause for worry since the iPhone will not actually make the call, but will display the settings of your voicemail.

Step 3: You will be presented with three different messages
* Voice Call Forwarding
* Data Call Forwarding
* Fax Call forwarding.

Do not do anything, but simply tap on the “Dismiss” tab at the bottom of the screen. You will have successfully disabled your voicemail for all types of calls.

Brilliant. This worked as of July 2020. I tested and my mobile rang for 30 seconds or more and then said something like this number can’t be reached. No voicemail!  Thank you!!

Thanks for the ##002# method.

I did it.  And the question now is how do I revert back to the old setting, which is having missed calls go to voicemail again?

I have seen a few people ask this. I never figured out why people would want to.

You have to call tech support to remove the option. You cannot do it on your own.

It’s simple:  Robo calls…

No voice mail + blocked = No robo calls!

The only people who I talk to will A: Be on my contacts list, B: Text me, C: Blow up my phone til I answer.

Don’t need voicemails about my car warranty or FBI arrest warrant.

I called T Mobile yesterday and they said they disabled it. It didn't work, and I told them that in the satisfaction survey. Someone called me back today and successfully disabled it for me!

Badge

I have a workaround. If I forward my phone to Google Voice, I can shut down voicemail altogether or I can have it transcribed and sent to my email.

In the (Google) phone app: Settings>Voicemail>Advanced Settings>Supplementary Services>Call Forwarding set ...busy, ...unanswered, ...unreachable to your GV number.

In GV Settings: under Voicemail if you wish to block all voice messages turn off VM via Email and VM transcripts, I presume voicemails will fall into a bucket you never access. If you wish you can turn on both settings and you will get email transcripts of VM.

Do not use apps. No. The best way to do this is to just call T-Mobile and they will deactivate your voicemail altogether. Do not have the representative suspend your voicemail, have them transfer you to the tech department and they will turn off voicemail altogether.

The reason for wanting to disable voicemail altogether is because scammers have figured out a way to bypass calling you and go straight to your voicemail and leave you an inundated amount of messages that are spam. Student loan forgiveness or refinance your home or refinance your car all of these things of which myself I do not have .

So don’t go junking up your phones with additional apps and thinking that you can find some cool work around acting as if you’re some kind of rocket scientist. Just call T-Mobile and have them deactivate it. 

Most companies can text or email. Friends and family can text or email. There is seriously no reason today in 2023 for a consumer to have voicemail.  Companies yes. Consumer, no. 

The best way to deactivate on an android is: #796# it will tell you it’s on, then #796# again to turn it off, which it will confirm

kristop64089 “The best way to deactivate on an android is: #796# it will tell you it’s on, then #796# again to turn it off, which it will confirm”

It does indeed give you those ON and OFF messages on my Samsung Android, but I can still leave a voicemail message on the phone -- t-mobile account.-- even though it says voicemail is off.

I called t-mobile several months ago to request the voicemail be deactivated.  It was deactivated for awhile but it’s working again, and I did not request it be reactivated.

kristop64089 “The best way to deactivate on an android is: #796# it will tell you it’s on, then #796# again to turn it off, which it will confirm”

It does indeed give you those ON and OFF messages on my Samsung Android, but I can still leave a voicemail message on the phone -- t-mobile account.-- even though it says voicemail is off.

I called t-mobile several months ago to request the voicemail be deactivated.  It was deactivated for awhile but it’s working again, and I did not request it be reactivated.

That option tells me that my voicemail password is off or on, not the actual voicemail. I was on the phone with T-Mobile for almost an hour. They said it was resolved and yet, when I call my line from another phone, I still get my voicemail. It is ridiculous that something so simple is so hard to remove. It should be an option that we can remove ourselves, not something we have to depend on tech support to do.

Just called t-mobile and rep claims vm can’t be deactivated. So tired of constant scam messages. Need to disable callers getting to leave vm. 

I’m using a Galaxy S23 Ultra the #796# toggles the password for voicemail. I was a sprint customer for over 15 years prior to T Mobile snatching them up, I could disable it without issue on their system, never been able to here. Nearly two years ago they broke my account in a manner that disabled my Voicemail, it didn’t even come up as an option, I couldn’t call in, no one got any notification about it until today. The customer support lady transferred me to support, while the guy was pleasant but just read off the same things I’ve found just searching google. He did escalate it to the engineering team, I’m not holding my breath on this.