How do I transfer pictures from my phone to my PC using an USB cable? When I plug in the cable, the computer does not see it.

How do I transfer pictures from my phone to my PC using an USB cable? When I plug in the cable, the computer does not see it.

24 replies

Userlevel 5

Have you tried an alternate cable or an alternate computer?

The only other way to do a transfer would be a cloud service that you upload the photos to from the phone, and then access from the computer. Examples would be Picasa, DropBox, etc. 😊

-Lauren

Thank you for responding! I have tried other cables but do not have access to other computers. I have tried the cloud services but they are painfully slow when dealing with several hundred vacation pix. My best solution so far is to pull the micro SD card from the phone and stick it into the computer. That works, but seems archaic in this generation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Did you install the drivers?

Did you try and turning on ADB(sometimes this is required)?

To turn it on

Settings-about device-tap the build number until it says you are now a developer

Press back once then tap on developer option. Turn ADB on and make sure developer is turned on as well

Plug it in

Thank you for responding. No, I did not install any drivers. Shouldn't they

download automatically as needed?

I was successful in turning on Developer, but could not find ADB after that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It's in the developer setting Android Debug Bridge.

No the drivers will not install.  You will have to download smartswitch or sidesync to get the drivers unless they have a stand alone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Here are the drivers

Support - T-Mobile Cell Phones SM-G360T | Samsung Cell Phones

scroll down to manuals and downloads.

I don't see ADB in Developer settings. I have a USB debugging toggle

switch. Is that it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That's the one.

I turned it on and plugged in the USB cable but I don't see that anything

is happening.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Did you install the drivers? It's in the link above.

Yes and it said that it was already installed, but I did it again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Do you have a virus protection that likes to sandbox?  If so that could be the problem as the drivers are not installing correctly, and are sandboxed.

I use Norton Anti-virus on the PC and have never had a problem with it

before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Try uninstalling the drivers then turn off Norton plug in your phone and see what happens. If it works then you turn back on Norton and see what happens.

How do I uninstall the driver when I cannot see the phone on the Device

Manager list?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Go into you control panel and uninstall. It should be on the list.

Nothing happened other than the phone starting to charge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you check your settings to see if you have an option to switch what happens when you put in a cable you may have one and it is set to charge only.

I don't see any options like that.

Or, did you enable the 'USB Debugging'. Here is a video about transferring photos from Samsung Galaxy to PC or Mac, must be helpful with you.

youtu.be/9FJzWr4sU9U

Badge +1

Lets start simple.

What phone do you have?

Are you using the charging cable that came with it or a known good one that is used for data transfer? Many cables are charge only and it's possible that you have a run of bad cables, I've had that happen.

What OS is your computer on? I'm assuming it's a windows machine.

Obvious statement but your phone and computer are arguing. I have never needed to install drivers to just connect to a PC for data transfer even with samsung.

One option is, previously mentioned, is to use a online storage like dropbox, gdrive, onedrive. They all have the option to automatically upload on wifi and sync to a folder on your PC. I use onedrive and dropbox for this, I like the redundancy and simplicity. And they are fairly quickly downloaded to my PC. Assuming you have even a decent data speed.

Another option is a USB stick. plug it into your phone, transfer, eject, plug into your computer.

Third option is samsung flow, I'm assuming (lots of assumptions in this post) that you have a samsung because samsung drivers were downloaded.

It doesn’t seem like anyone has actually done a direct transfer using a USB cable - there is a lot of “try this” here.  Has anyone actually succeeded in doing it?  I am a recent convert from Verizon and am shocked that it is difficult to transfer photos.  I have never had a problem doing that before.  There MUST be a simple way (which does NOT include using a cloud service).

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

It doesn’t seem like anyone has actually done a direct transfer using a USB cable - there is a lot of “try this” here.  Has anyone actually succeeded in doing it?  I am a recent convert from Verizon and am shocked that it is difficult to transfer photos.  I have never had a problem doing that before.  There MUST be a simple way (which does NOT include using a cloud service).

transferring pics from a device to a computer isnt carrier specific...so there shouldnt be any differences what so ever compared to what you have done before..only possible differences would be possibly with the device itself

A whole lot of useless ideas and bad ideas for a simple setting on the Revellry phone!  As solutions are often designed for very tech savvy users, I will try to do the  opposite:

1. plug phone into charging cable, and usb end into computer
  2. unlock phone
  3. Go to settings.  One way is to swipe down twice, and touch the gear symbol in the lower right
  4. go to Connected Devices
  5. go to USB file transfer
  6. touch Use “USB for file transfer”
  7. Now your computer should recognize your phone and have access to photos, (camera or DCIM)