Question

How to change individual ringtones in contact list

• 25 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

I want to use different ringtones for different people in my contacts. I cannot find any link that allows me to change them.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 cellphone.

I use Deja Office as my main email and contact list and then sync them with Google contacts.

Neither of these (Deja contacts or Google contacts) have a link to change ring tones.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks - If you have a suggestion please reply to soapy123@comcast.net

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You do it in your contacts. Select the contact, tap the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner , select ringtone you want to assign.

Badge

Hi: I have already tried that, however, it does not include a link for ringtones. See the attached file I included. This is all I see when I click on the three dots; no ringtone link.

I do not understand why this option is not available.

Got any suggestions?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Is your Google Contacts app up to date? Maybe your device being so old, might not have all of the latest features Contacts supports on other devices. 

Badge

I checked About in Google settings and the version shown is 11.41.10.23.arm64

I do not know of another way to check to see if the Contacts app is up to date.

Suggestions?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

This is what shows for me in the PlayStore. Most apps are limited in updates by the version of Android they are running.  There is no way to guarantee that sideloading a newer version would work on your device. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

See if you can download Ringroid from the Play store. That app will do everything you need.

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/s7-how-can-i-assign-different-ringtones-to-different-contacts-on-my-samsung-galaxy-s7/