Solved

How to remove Call barring in Note 8?

• 19 January 2018
  • 11 replies

I am in India and tryig to make a call to USA. But it says that I cannot make a call as call barring is on.

I went to Phone Setting- More setting---

Here it should have 'Call barring' feature but I do not have it

What should I do?

I have Note 8 from T mobile and I can receive calls but I cannot make a call to USA.

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 24 January 2018, 17:24

So roaming is working, incoming calls and messages are working, just the issue with outbound, got it! One last question (and thank you so much for bearing with me) -- what plan do you have?
Since you're using a T-Mobile SIM, if you're on a plan that should include roaming, then this might be a provisioning issue that we'd want to have you Community-2153​ to resolve. I know you're having trouble placing outbound calls, but it's starting to sound like we need to verify and review your account to take a look at the back end details and get this fixed. We're not able to do that from this public user forum, BUT our T-Force team (social media support on Twitter and Facebook) can -- so even if online contact is your only option, we can still help through those channels!

View original

11 replies

Happy Friday, @magenta1854993!

I'm hoping that by now you've been able to remove the call barring feature so you can call/text. If you're still having issues with this, have you contacted Customer Care or T-Force as Marissa suggested? The issue is likely account related.

Userlevel 6

So roaming is working, incoming calls and messages are working, just the issue with outbound, got it! One last question (and thank you so much for bearing with me) -- what plan do you have?
Since you're using a T-Mobile SIM, if you're on a plan that should include roaming, then this might be a provisioning issue that we'd want to have you Community-2153​ to resolve. I know you're having trouble placing outbound calls, but it's starting to sound like we need to verify and review your account to take a look at the back end details and get this fixed. We're not able to do that from this public user forum, BUT our T-Force team (social media support on Twitter and Facebook) can -- so even if online contact is your only option, we can still help through those channels!

My roming net is working fine and also I can receive Text and receive Calls BUT

I cannot make a call or send text.

Userlevel 6

Gotcha! Have you had any other trouble while roaming, or just when trying to place outbound calls back to the US?

Thanks for reply.

I have unlocked T mobile Note 8. and I am using same T mobile Sim card which I was using in USA.

Userlevel 6

Gotcha! Are you using an unlocked T-Mobile device with an international SIM, or are you using your T-Mobile SIM while roaming internationally?

When I try to call from India to USA it does not work and it says

"You cannot make a call while call barring is on."

Hi support

What is code and what is pin?

Userlevel 6

Hey hey! Just wanted to see if you'd had a chance to test out the short codes suggested above. If that worked out for you, please let us know! Otherwise, we'd love a few more details. Thanks!

Userlevel 6

Hey there! Just wanted to check in and see if the above steps were helpful. Did those short codes work for you?

If you're still having trouble, can you let us know a little more about what's happening? Are you using an unlocked T-Mobile device with an international SIM, or are you using your T-Mobile SIM while roaming internationally? What sort of error message do you see when you try to dial US numbers? Have you checked to make sure your phone isn't in Easy Mode?

To cancel barring on all incoming calls dial #261#. To cancel barring on all outgoing calls dial #34 code * pin #. You should hear the message 'Call Barring is cancelled'.