Question

How to remove Verizon branding and bloatware from my Samsung Galaxy S10 G5 phone.

• 29 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

How to remove Verizon branding and bloatware from my Samsung Galaxy S10 G5 phone. 

I bought a used Verizon branded Galaxy S10 G5 to replace my S8+ and was able swap it in to my T-Mobile account.  The phone and my T-Mobile account work fine together.   I want to get rid of the V splash page, the reminders that I do not have a V sim card, and the V bloatware, but I cannot figure out how to do that.  .  (I’ve limited, uninstalled or disabled everything I could from the Apps settings).  

How can this be done?  Or not? 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It can be done but for that, you will need to head on over to the XDA forum for your device.  There, you will find everything you need along with many walk-throughs to help you cross-flash the firmware on the device to the U1 model or to use ADB to remove the bloat and the SIM reminder crap, but you can’t change the boot screen without cross-flashing unless you root, which I don’t recommend rooting.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What @syaoran is saying is that the branding on a Samsung is burned into the firmware. The only way to get rid of it is to reflash the phone with a generic ROM. This is possible but not for the faint of heart as it runs the risk of bricking the phone.