Solved

How to update my Sim and NEW IMEI # on. New Device and start fresh with no pc

• 18 February 2017
  • 5 replies

How to update my Sim and NEW IMEI # on. New Device and start fresh start after cracked screen Galaxy S7 edge

icon

Best answer by theartiszan 18 February 2017, 17:59

If you want to use the new sim card then,  you can call t mobile to activate it on your account. You don't need to do anything with the imei number.

View original

5 replies

You don't update the imei. You just put in your sim card and you can use it then.

Well it's kinda a long story but the short of it is that I have had 1 micro sd card since last December and a galaxy s7 edge, then 2 months later my son got shoved into a 6 edge plus, while continuing with problems we decided to try IPhone s so it was in the iPhone for 8 hours when I got home before it locked me out so within the 2 weeks grace period i for my current galaxy s7 edge and still a bundel of mess., so when last week I accidentally cracked front screen of my S7 edge I went through the insurance and they overnighter a replacement New phone and also had a new sim micro SD card, so I was holding out my last hope that with a new device and the new SIM card all together the problems I've been having would dissipate as I transition into Nugget but I'm having some doubts already!

If you want to use the new sim card then,  you can call t mobile to activate it on your account. You don't need to do anything with the imei number.

As a small side note,  i was a beta tester for 7.0 and have the official release for it on my s7e and it works great for me.

I'm excited to try Nougat myself but I'm almost scared that it won't help all the device issues I've had, not to mention the effect on my Google accounts. Heck I would be thrilled to get my Samsung and Google applications and features to all start over and finally sync together and stay synced without contradicting each other! I'm really hoping I will get all my quick settings like data and mobile hotspot. Thanks so much for answering my questions!