1) have an unlocked phone/get your Samsung unlocked
2) go to a Verizon store, be cool, ask to borrow a sim card (blank card worked for me)
3) swap your sim, phone restarts to update APNs and carrier settings
4) connect to wifi and check for software update download
5) enjoy the new Android 12 animations.
My phone: SM-F926U1. I did this^ today, everything is working fine. My settings > connections > mobile networks & apns were different with the Verizon sim in, but they changed back after I put my TMobile sim back in.