Solved

I accidentally changed my usb settings to "charge only", instead of "media device" and it now cannot connect to my computer, so I am unable to connect with android studio, etc. There is no usb option in the storage section of settings, and I have fac

I accidentally changed my usb settings to "charge only", instead of "media device" and it now cannot connect to my computer, so I am unable to connect with android studio, etc. There is no usb option in the storage section of settings, and I have factory reset my phone twice and deleted the cache, and the phone still does not give any usb options when I plug it in and does not connect to the computer. Is there any solution, or will I be unable to connect to anything via usb until I get another phone?

icon

Best answer by jdgoal512 9 July 2015, 19:00

I finally found my own solution. I downloaded the "USB mode switch for SGS1 on CM" app on my phone and reset the usb mode and restarted my phone and connected to my computer again and it registered as an MTP device

View original

2 replies

I finally found my own solution. I downloaded the "USB mode switch for SGS1 on CM" app on my phone and reset the usb mode and restarted my phone and connected to my computer again and it registered as an MTP device

This does not work.

The ability to change this setting simply disappeared. The suggested app simply gives a driver not found error.

There is another thread on the same topic where the only responses are all completely inaccurate including the assumption that the wrong answers solved the issue:

Thread-88613

As far as I can tell, a critical feature has been broken rendering the phone nearly useless. When will be the next update to correct this bug?