Solved

I bought mobile from Samsung Website. T mobile app is not allowing me to even temporary unlock on the device, I am sure something wrong with the app or configuration. Can you help ?

I bought mobile from Samsung Website. T mobile app is not allowing me to even temporary unlock on the device, I am sure something wrong with the app or configuration.

One thing I am surprised is Samsung sell T Mobile locked device, but both T mobile and Samsung not able to unlock it. I asked for at least temporary unlock till problem is resolved, even that is not working.

Both T mobile and Samsung has no clue what is happening. If i ask T mobile they ask to contact Samsung, if I contact Samsung they ask to contact T Mobile.

I am not sure introduction of this T Mobile unlock app has created a mess I guess. I feel helpless on this issue

icon

Best answer by vigneshprabhu 28 March 2017, 20:07

Seems that way..... But yeah, I was able to successfully unlock using Twitter T-force group, they are wonderful and 100 times better than normal on call customer care. Kudos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Everyone

View original

25 replies

How long ago did you activate the phone on Tmo?

Are you a tmobile customer and use with tmobile service at all?

After I got my phone, immediately I activated it. To be exact it was 15th March 17

After I got my phone, immediately I activated it. To be exact it was 15th March 17

I know it doesn't make any sense, but if you bought a Tmobile phone from Samsung and it was locked, you have to have it active on Tmobile for 40 days before they'll unlock it.

Yes I am a T mobile customer

Ryan, it does not even allow me to do temporary unlock also. Also if I do IMEI check, this IMEI no itself is not in T Mobile inventory. That is why I am worried a lot

Yeah since tmobile didn't sell it,  it won't show up in their imei check since it didn't go through them. What error do you get?

In temporary unlock/Permanent unlock also it says "Unlock Failed: This Mobile Device is not eligible for Unlock"

More than likely then this is going to need some sort of override. I don't know if codes work on these devices and all unlocks need to go through their app.

I would call tech support  (maybe speak with a senior rep) and see if they can escalate a request.  They will need to check the imei with Samsung out side the normal system to verify it is locked to them then find someway to manually add it so you can use the app to unlock it if you meet all the requirements.

Userlevel 6

Hey @vigneshprabhu‌!  In order to use the T-Mobile Device Unlock app, you'd need to meet the same eligibility requirements as users who request an unlock code (many Android devices) or remote unlock (iOS devices) outlined here: Unlock your mobile wireless device.  I'm sorry that you're getting the runaround here - reading that we're advising you to contact Samsung, who in turn are directing you back to us, is definitely frustrating. 
In this forum, we don't have the individual account access necessary to review your account and determine if requirements are met, or to put in a standard unlock request - let alone an override or (as I suspect will be necessary in this situation) file an escalation. 
Please reach out to our Care team or T-Force (through Twitter or Facebook) and give us another opportunity to help here.  Those teams can review the account, determine your eligibility, and submit an escalation request if needed.  Thanks for posting here, and I'm sorry again that you're having such a tough time with this.

- Marissa

Thanks Marissa and everyone for your valuable inputs. I was able to contact customer care through twitter and raised ticket for the same. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

What phone is it? Does it have all the T-Mobile apps pre-installed? If it doesn't have any of the apps pre-installed and you had to manually install them then it isn't a T-Mobile device and it is up to Samsung to unlock the phone.

Hi tidbits, It is samsung S7 edge, it has all the T Mobile apps pre installed. Including the unlock app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Did you use a backup from a previous phone? Try uninstalling the T-Mobile app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Ironically every time I tried to purchase a carrier branded phone from Samsung's website they have always sent me to the carrier page.

If you bought it directly from Samsung it would be the unlocked model and you should have the receipt.

I am unable to uninstall the T Mobile app, so it proves that my devices is configured and locked for T Mobile.

No if you go to Samsung US website you see carrier specific models now. if you buy one of them, they are locked for the carrier. I am sure about it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Just for reference this is what I see when I click on a carrier version, and unlocked version.  So you would have to buy unlocked or you are forced to go to the carrier to purchase one.  This is why I asked because for as long as I remembered Samsung has always forced you to go to the carrier page to purchase their products.  When they started to sell unlocked devices was the only time you can purchase a device from them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

So if you got it from Samsung.  They need to fix the problem if you got a carrier version from them as T-Mobile would have no record of it.

Thank you for spending time in replying me. During the time I placed order, samsung just redirected to "Where to Buy" button only for the colors which it did not had temporarily. For the colors which was available they sold directly. Attached the email from Samsung

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That's interesting. I see the same for all colors. Seems like for a short time Samsung threw their remaining inventory that carriers won't pick up and unloaded it by giving a discount. Then Samsung failed to give carriers the IMEIs to input into their system. If that's the case then Samsung needs to unlock them or send T-Mobile the IMEIs of the inventory they sold on their own.

Seems that way..... But yeah, I was able to successfully unlock using Twitter T-force group, they are wonderful and 100 times better than normal on call customer care. Kudos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Everyone

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Nice.  They probably did some legwork and scolded Samsung for not giving them the IMEI's so the system didn't know what devices they are.

Yep, that is fairly what could have been happened