Question

I don't receive text messages I send to myself since February

Badge

I receive text messages from others.

Others can receive text messages I send to them.

However, I don’t receive the text messages I send to myself since February.

Has a recent TMobile update changed something that prevents receiving my own messages?

13 replies

Badge

Maybe this is an issue with the messaging app. I’m using a Samsung A52 5G and the text app is Messages v 14.0.10.43. It is the latest version installed on the device. I don’t remember updating it.

Badge

I installed a different SMS app and still can not receive test messaging I send to myself. Or at least I receive no response that it was delivered.

I have the same issue.  I do not receive text messages from myself either. This started on 02/12/2023….   Yes, I tried another SMS App..

I need to do it to setup encrypted texts on NEXTSMS App.

Any updates to this issue? 🤔

Userlevel 1

The Android 12 Update caused all kinds of issues with various phones. One  with the most issues is the OnePlus 9 (Pro).  I've tried to get Tmobile to do something about it for over a year now!  I even made a BBB complaint. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

OP is the one that must fix any OS update issues..

I am running Android version 9, I have tried multiple SMS applications and none of them allow me to send SMS/MMS messages to myself.  I have two other devices on the same contract and these devices also do not allow sending SMS/MMS to the devices phone number. I searched and found this link on Reddit which indicates multiple people are having this issue. Reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/10hh72a/cant_text_myself/ … I have also reached out to a few friends of mine that use T-Mobile and they are also unable to text themselves. Last I  developed my own SMS application.  I am able to send and receive texts, but not text myself. The Android Intent action shows SMS_SENT/SMS_DELIVERED for all messages going out except for when I send messages to myself.  To me this means T-Mobile has made an adjustment on their end within their stack.  They might have stopped allowing people to send themselves their own messages as a means to reduce some network traffic.  Regardless a lot of people text themselves for different reasons and I would greatly appreciate T-Mobile allowing us to do this again. Thank you. I suggest anyone having this issue log a ticket with T-Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I just tried it and it says “this service is not available “ but I can use my Google voice number that uses the Tmobile network and the same phone to text my Tmobile phone number.

Same as gramps28

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If it's a service you need get a free Google voice number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i dont get any errors on my end. they just show as sent but never get received..not a life or death deal for me but i did use it for testing on my side when checking on any texting related issues.

T-Mobile does not support texting yourself anymore.  Not on your phone or any messaging app.  I think it is Dum personally,🙄😟

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

agreed… not that i did it often but whenever i had a texting issue i could figure out if it was on my side by texting myself and then receiving it or not.