Solved

I just purchased an LG Leon from T-Mobile,and I am wondering about the battery life.  I had the phone on charge overnight last night so it was fully charged this morning.  I made two brief calls this morning and have otherwise not used the phone.  It

• 7 January 2016
  • 4 replies

I just purchased an LG Leon from T-Mobile, and I am wondering about the battery life.  I had the phone on charge overnight last night so it was fully charged this morning.  I made two brief calls this morning, and other than that, I have not used the phone; however, by 4:00 pm today the battery icon was showing only half charged.  Is this typical?  Am I doing something wrong?

icon

Best answer by snn_555 8 January 2016, 15:14

The battery capacity is only 1820mah.  This is a 33% reduction based on numbers alone from the V10/G2/G3/G4.  If you made it 8-10 hours on a full charge until 50%, you did well.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6

Sounds probably typical to me.

I don't have that device, but smartphones generally have a battery life of approximately a day.  Less depending on what apps are installed and running.  Halfway through the day and you're halfway through the battery seems probably right.

There are battery saver apps that may or may not help (and may or may not cause other things to act wonky).

It also may take a couple charge cycles to "condition" the battery and have it last longer.

My previous device was a Nexus 5.  With the apps I had running, I had to charge it while at work to ensure I had enough of a charge when I got home to play Candy Crush for a while and last to bed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The battery capacity is only 1820mah.  This is a 33% reduction based on numbers alone from the V10/G2/G3/G4.  If you made it 8-10 hours on a full charge until 50%, you did well.

Thanks for your input.  This is my first experience with a smart phone, and I appreciate your response.

Thank you for responding to my post.  This is my first experience with a smart phone, and I guess I need all the help I can get.  I really appreciate it.