Question

I was given a McAfee Livesafe 1 year subscription card for Christmas and downloaded the McAfee Security app, but I just came across the McAfee Security for T-Mobile App... Is there any difference or reason to use 1 over the other?

• 24 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

So I'm not too sure as to whether there is really any difference whatsoever, after I downloaded the t-mobile version of the app and went through the set up process, it looks identical to the one the standalone McAfee Security application... Just wondering if anyone has any insight to if there are any actual differences between the two or there's any logical reasoning to using 1 over the other? 

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Wow, I did not expect this to be so complicated! Functionally, it really depends on what you use it for, because McAfee has more packages available than T-Mobile. Some features, like the Wi-Fi Guard VPN, aren’t available through T-Mobile. But if you’re using it for the main features, like antivirus and theft protection, they’re available in both. Let us know how you use the app!

There’s also differences in how you pay. It looks like you have to pay for the full year with a credit card if you get it directly from McAfee, where with T-Mobile it’s monthly and on your T-Mobile bill. It also comes included with our Protection 360 features, so you might not need to pay extra :grinning: