Inbound Calls showing phone number, not the Contact name

• 23 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

My family member has a Galaxy Core Prime. Whenever she gets a inbound call from someone in her contact list, it only shows the phone number. Sometimes after 3-4 rings it will show the name, but not always. I tried a few things to try to fix it, the best temporary fix so far is clearing the cache data, which fixes the problem for the next inbound call. However, the next call afterwards reverts to the same problem.

I checked to see if there are any software updates, but everything seems to be up to date. The newest version of android for this phone is 5.1.1.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

I couldn’t see any settings that should cause that behavior. Did you buy it from T-Mobile? I see reports online of other providers with call protection apps that can cause this issue.

Badge

I couldn’t see any settings that should cause that behavior. Did you buy it from T-Mobile? I see reports online of other providers with call protection apps that can cause this issue.

Yup, I got it from a T-Mobile store. I looked at the settings but was not able to find any sort of Call Protection Apps, however I was able to figure out my issue. It looks like it was the “T-Mobile Name ID” app that was causing the issue. I turned it off and everything is working well. Thank you for your help!