Solved

Is it normal for my Galaxy S7 Edge with Nougat 7.0 to not have an application manager at all!? If so how do I change defaults or even know what should be set as default for certain actions?

Is it normal for my Galaxy S7 Edge with Nougat 7.0 to not have an application manager at all!? If so how do I change defaults or even know what should be set as default for certain actions?

icon

Best answer by tidbits 15 March 2017, 07:44

Settings

Applications

This is where all your applications with permissions will be at

3 dot menu in the upper right

Default applications

from there you can change the defaults.

It was wifi calling letting you know you have that option built in, and probably letting you know about video calling as well.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It should have one in settings. I believe it's in the action button in the upper right when you are in the application area. I can give you better instructions when I get back to the office. Currently I am out and about with my iPhone.

I would greatly appreciate it Thank You. The more details the better! I have a terrible feeling that since I updated to 7.0 that either my (incorrect) backed up settings left over from 6.0 has followed into 7.0 or,,,, immediately after update while trying to figure out everything I really screwed up all of the settings. Either way I have got to figure this out! Also yesterday while wondering around in forums I actually went into my phone app icon and I got a notification pop up from TMobile about calling features but I hit the dismiss button accidentally before I got a chance to read what it was about!   . Any ideas how to find out what it was??

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Settings

Applications

This is where all your applications with permissions will be at

3 dot menu in the upper right

Default applications

from there you can change the defaults.

It was wifi calling letting you know you have that option built in, and probably letting you know about video calling as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to get me the information I was looking for! I just hope I can get to that part of the settings menu without messing up some other permissions or settings that would likely get me locked out of my phone.

Also I though as I was pushing the wrong button to send away the Tmo pop up that I glimpsed video calling in there somewhere! Again thank you so much for your help!!

Userlevel 6

Hey @evamae3‌!  Were you able to find what you needed from the post above?

- Marissa

Well actually I found everything and more! I think I'm a lost cause  ! It seems like every time I find or figure something out it either screws up something else or something has to update in Google play or Galaxy Apps crap! I was doing just okay about 9pm yesterday evening and BAMM!! THERE was a TMobile update too waiting to install! I let it do the update and I'm just going to stay away from this thing and not touch it!

One huge question for you though,,, how can I disable the stupid "new" native email app that I have never used?? I'm nervous to even try to see if I have any defaults set for anything since the update earlier. Also can I use more then one browser? I have paid for flyperlink and I was not going to use it as a default browser because I like the native browser anyway,  but I thought that having Flyperlink for a spare would work but now I don't know if I should even try to do the install..?? 

Userlevel 6

Hey there!  Sorry I missed this response - just wanted to see if you'd decided to complete the update.  I hope everything's going well!  Glad that you found the application manager - I wish we had more info to provide about the third party browser you mentioned, but I honestly hadn't heard of it!  How is it working out for you?  I have FF on my phone but have kept Chrome as my default because it's integrated so well into Android that I've never wanted to use another one as frequently.  Regarding the email question, I don't believe there's ever a way to uninstall any native application.  With a native app that you don't intend to use, you can sometimes uninstall updates to minimize the amount of space it takes up, depending on the device you may be able to move it off of the home screen, and possibly disable notifications so that you're only getting notifications from the email app you prefer to use.  Can you see if those are options for you?

- Marissa