Question

issues with my Google pixel 6 Pro preorder?

• 26 October 2021
  • 64 replies

Show first post

64 replies

Badge

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this long post and to give me some help and advice.

So I preordered a Google Pixel 6 Pro from T-Mobile's website, but I seem to be having a lot of issues with my order. What should I do? Because I have a feeling that I'm not going to receive my phone. That somewhere down the line you were just going to get canceled or they're going to claim that I never made an order. 

1st off when I tried to make the purchase on T-Mobile's website as soon as preorders became available, there was some type of technical issue that was confirmed by customer care who confirmed that with the IT department. Then about 3-4 hours later the website was working again and I was able to purchase the device.

So after I completed the transaction I never received any confirmation email and any of my DocuSign emails that I should've received after placing the order. Which I was able to confirm on T-Mobile's website and through the app that I had an order processing. The order said that it was supposed to ship out on the 27th of October and then arrive to me in 1-2 days.

Then yesterday the order changed the shipping date from the 27th to the 28th. Now as of this morning (10-26), the order has completely disappeared from the T-Mobile app on the home screen, under the orders tab and on T-Mobile's website after logging into my account.

On top of all this, I know people that ordered the device from the Google store, other carriers as well as T-Mobile and they've already received their device. My friend who has T-Mobile as well also preordered after me and already received his device.

I saw others addressed that the missing order had to do with no signed EIP. My preorder, while it did complete with digitally signing those documents, did have the same estimated shipping change noted by others. It started as 28 Oct - which is why I chose the black color versus white which showed 12 Nov. Then as of yesterday, it was updated to show 12-18 Nov. I started a new order to see the estimate at that was 19 Nov or later. I called six stores in my area and no Pro models, just Pixel 6. One store suggested calling tomorrow but based on what I’m seeing, I don’t hold hope to obtain the Pro sooner in a store. So I figure good things come to those who wait...But if it keeps getting delayed further, I won’t feel that way! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here is another update for me. It's 9:50AM ET and now I have a tracking number via UPS and they said that it's out for delivery currently. I'm now able to see my information on T-Mobile's website and the app. Like one of the representatives told me, I guess there was some issues with tracking orders on the T-Mobile side and what they saw on the screen when I called in was wrong. But I'm glad that UPS on their website has it on the way to me today. I also purchased a case off Amazon that was backordered, but now it's supposedly arriving today as well. Which this is even better for me so I don't have to wait to use my device or go to Best Buy and get a temporary case until my clear fully enclosed case with a built in screen protector arrives.

So to everybody that's still having shipping issues, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that you receive your devices soon!

Congratulations!  This is the best possible news for this one.  Sadly there are some in the other direction having a “what do you mean I am not getting my phone today?!” conversation.

Badge

Here is another update for me. It's 9:50AM ET and now I have a tracking number via UPS and they said that it's out for delivery currently. I'm now able to see my information on T-Mobile's website and the app. Like one of the representatives told me, I guess there was some issues with tracking orders on the T-Mobile side and what they saw on the screen when I called in was wrong. But I'm glad that UPS on their website has it on the way to me today. I also purchased a case off Amazon that was backordered, but now it's supposedly arriving today as well. Which this is even better for me so I don't have to wait to use my device or go to Best Buy and get a temporary case until my clear fully enclosed case with a built in screen protector arrives.

So to everybody that's still having shipping issues, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that you receive your devices soon!

What was your original delivery date?

My original shipping date was yesterday which it did leave yesterday. What happened was that in the computer with customer care they see all different crazy different dates when it's not true and not the case. Then the disappearing information was probably a bug on the website and the app. Which I have overnight delivery and it was supposed to be delivered today and it's still being delivered today like they originally intended. Which currently my order is on the truck and the way to me, it said that it's going to be here today by 7PM ET the latest.

Just out of curiosity, when did you place your preorder?

Ordered 10/19 online at T-Mobile. Credit card charged same day for remainder of current phone payment plan in my almost year old Pixel 4a 5g. T-Mobile website still says pre-order, expected shipment and delivery 10/28.

Received word directly from UPS that shipper created a label with shipment ready for UPS with tracking number early morning on 10/28. UPS hasn't received package yet. Shipment coming from Ingram Micro in Jeffersonville, Indiana near Louisville, Kentucky. Estimated delivery on Wednesday, November 03, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM.

Credit card charged again on 10/28, most likely for down payment and shipping.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I ordered a Pixel 6 online on Oct 19 an hour after they went on sale.  I checked the T-Mobile site today and there is no record of my order. I just got off the phone with customer service and they tell me there is no record of my order.  I’m 99% sure I did everything right but for some reason the order didn’t go through!

This unfortunately in the first hour or two pretty much no orders worked. It's really frustrating. I totally empathize.

I checked my order status this morning it showed it would shit 10/28/21, as it has said since the pre-orders opened checked it again at 10:25pm EST and it now shows 11/12-11/18 that it will ship out. 

It seems that others are getting the run around from TMobil as well. 

I am in the same boat as many of you I ordered one hour by phone after launch and my original ship date was the 28th I ordered a white pixel 6 pro. It changed yesterday to the 12th through the 18th of November which is very annoying since I've been waiting all year for this phone and now you're basically told you have to wait another month. I've been saving my jump for this very aggravating if they don't have inventory then don't take pre-orders and set dates. Horrible drop of the ball by Google and TMobile I expect better 

I am in the exact same boat, I waited for this phone to come out before I used my Jump as well. 

Ordered 10/19 online at T-Mobile. Credit card charged same day for remainder of current phone payment plan in my almost year old Pixel 4a 5g. T-Mobile website still says pre-order, expected shipment and delivery 10/28.

Received word directly from UPS that shipper created a label with shipment ready for UPS with tracking number early morning on 10/28. UPS hasn't received package yet. Shipment coming from Ingram Micro in Jeffersonville, Indiana near Louisville, Kentucky. Estimated delivery on Wednesday, November 03, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM.

Credit card charged again on 10/28, most likely for down payment and shipping.

At least you got a shipping label, some of us got ours pushed out to mid to late November.   Not sure what T-Mobiles problem is but they are defiantly pissing people off. 

Badge

This Shi#y, I pre ordered pixel 6 pro on 19th, did all the required digi signing, and my shipping date was 10-28 for the past 10 days I just rechecked it now and it says 11-12-21 to 11-18-21. Tmobile sucks at this, I even went into an actual store to pre order pixel 6pro on 10-19. What A joke Tmobile, I would have purchased from Google if you would have said I would not receive phone until middle of November. Nice way to treat A customer of 20 years. 

I'm a long term customer also... not nearly 20 years though.  But when I searched on Pixel 6 Pro backorders I found articles including statements from Google that the problem is on their end... with the long lead time between announcing these phones and taking pre-orders, they clearly didn't plan production levels high enough to keep up with demand. I noticed many glowing reviews which means higher demand. Throw in the industry supply chain problems with chips, and I'm not too surprised this happened. But I wouldn't blame T-Mobile or any other carrier. Google dropped the ball here. I'm no C-level executive, but I understand business enough to know they should and could have handled this rollout better. 

This all said, I will fault T-Mobile for how they handled the order process and estimated delivery dates. Better to under promise and over deliver than the other way around. We use that rule at work a lot... it saves our customers from the headaches mentioned in this thread...

Absolutely this. You can visit any number of Internet forums, the Pixel subreddit, probably AT&T and Verizon customer forums too and see the same story. Amazon is out of stock, Best Buy seems to have some regular Pixel 6 phones at some store locations, B&H ran out of inventory too. For me, 90% of the blame rests with Google (and the global supply chain problems). However, T-Mobile is fumbling this badly. Anyone with a pre-order placed at least by October 20th should (a) receive priority for shipment and (b) receive an update message from T-Mobile with very specific information on the causes of the delay and a definite shipping window. This experience of logging in to the website every day to see that the shipment estimate of my pre-order has changed yet again (always later and later), AND having been charged for my downpayment and taxes, sucks.

Honestly, I was torn between the Pixel 6 Pro and the Galaxy Fold 3 (and yes I know the price difference but TMO offers a very good trade-in price and discounts for the Fold 3, versus a joke of a trade-in price for my current phone if buying the Pixel 6 Pro). Now that my Pixel 6 Pro order may not ship until December, I may as well cancel and get the Fold (also on backorder with TMO, but an estimated shipping date from late November to early December).

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ordered the moment the website stopped giving errors on 10/19. Pixel 6 Pro Cloudy White.

Was set to ship 10/28

Now estimated ship date is 11/12 - 11/18

Would love an official statement from T-Mobile.

Google:

“Due to high demand, some Pixel 6 Pro models may be out of stock or have long delivery times. Get notified when they're back in stock, or check out other authorized retailers who may have them available.”

T-mobile hasn't - and I don't really expect them to - issued a blanket statement about the order challenges around the Pixel 6.  I think we see several things at play when you take a step back and summarize the threads:

• New upgrade system is challenging inside and in direct-to-consumer channel
  • Data is inconsistent across the pipeline and consuming applications for device status
  • Google-to-TMobile supply availability integrity is either not sufficient (Google not giving good data) or not represented well (making it to consumer facing applications)
  • This supply uncertainty is resulting in T-Mobile waiting for firm expectations before setting estimates anyone can have confidence in.  The view to the consumer is a “last minute” or “late” re-setting of expectations.
  • It’s not clear how orders are being prioritized, with some communities reporting late orders getting fulfilled quickly and some early Pro orders somehow not being “front of the line” or at least perceived as not being handled that way.

Mine finally shipped today, ETA Friday/Saturday.

That's good, mine still no change. Sucks went and played with a display at best buy and I like the phone. Hope mine ships soon 

I pre-ordered 2 pro whites on 10-24 in store. Haven't gotten jack as far as uodates... very annoyed. Especially as I've read of others getting theirs after release date. 

Who on here is still waiting for the pro whites? Tempted to cancel and order the black but those are about the same date now also. If shipping eta is 11-12 to 11-18 what is the chance to receive on 11-12?.... I'm so freaking irritated by this whole situation 😤 😒 

I'm in the same boat. I ordered a White 6 Pro on 10/22. I signed the EIP on 10/22. The original estimated ship date was the 11/18 at the latest, then 11/18 as the earliest, every few days it would quietly move back a few weeks at a time. Then suddenly it showed shipping by 11/17. On the morning of 11/16 it still showed shipping by 11/17. By the afternoon on 11/16 it jumped way up to shipping between something like 12/25/21 and 1/17/22. That's were mine has been at for a few days now. It's absolutely infuriating. T-Mobile isn't doing ANYTHING to keep us informed. They have NO information on when it will ship. At this point, I'm just going to let it sit and then demand a discount on it due to their negligence. If you look around T-Mobile is the only carrier who still has a crazy backorder. Verizon is next day for Pixel 6 Pro and I think AT&T has a 5 day delay. Xfinity I believe is around 5 days as well. So when they say well Google has a delay or whatever, it's a blatant lie. If it was a supply chain issues, then all carriers would still be experiencing these huge backorders. At this point, this is T-Mobiles inability to manage orders appropriately.

Update: I see my credit card has now been charged. Shipping now shows 11/21 - 11/28. Haven't received any alerts from UPS and no tracking number from T-Mobile. Let's see if it actually gets sent out or if there are just more delays.

Badge

I suppose this shouldn't surprise me given the posts so far, but I got a text from T-Mobile as follows:

T-Mobile: The ship date of your recent order has changed. We'll have it on its way soon and let you know once it's shipped. 

Yet when I checked order status,  the dates were the same they were since 10/27...11/12 - 11/18.

Badge

I am having problems getting my Iphone.  The shipping date was originally 10/27 - 10/29.  Now it’s 11/3 to 11/7.  When I contacted customer service I was told the warehouse was waiting for a UPS label.  That was 3 days ago and still processing.  Next time I contacted customer service, I was told the warehouse doesn’t have enough employees.  So I guess I might have a phone by Christmas.

I am having problems getting my Iphone.  The shipping date was originally 10/27 - 10/29.  Now it’s 11/3 to 11/7.  When I contacted customer service I was told the warehouse was waiting for a UPS label.  That was 3 days ago and still processing.  Next time I contacted customer service, I was told the warehouse doesn’t have enough employees.  So I guess I might have a phone by Christmas.

Yeah, there are shortages of everything everywhere. I'm not surprised. Mine is supposed to ship anytime now but I'm on the same boat as you.

Badge

Good Luck!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sadly, I too today experienced the “I reserved in the first few hours on the 19th when customer care had system errors but ended up not having an actual order”.

Go into a store.

General rule I learned today: If you didnt sign an equipment agreement that day, you don’t actually have an order that will ship. 

Until today, I had contacted chat support 3 times in the lst week.  I told them I didnt get an equipment agreement.  All three times they said “Don’t worry, we see your order in the system, heres the order number, on the day of release, you will get the equipment agreement email.”

Sadly, after all this, the T-mobile team’s commitment to do right by their customers, came down to “Sorry, that really sucks, nothing I can do about it, I cant fix it, I cant discount anything, I cant even expedite shipping on an out-of-stock pre-order, you are back of the line.”

Bonus: This t-mobile location is the highest selling location in the region and still wont get even 1 unit of the “pro” models on release day.  Everything they are getting is Pixel 6.

T-Mobile: The mobile company where our app doesnt work, upgrade in-store is sometimes broken, and we dont take care of our customers when we screw it up!

Userlevel 2
Badge

And before others suggest it, yes the store reps called the care  line themselves.  The rep on that end basically said “yes, we know a small number of orders were affected, they are in the wrong system, we cant move it over, the only thing we can do is cancel and place a new order in the right system”.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sadly, I too today experienced the “I reserved in the first few hours on the 19th when customer care had system errors but ended up not having an actual order”.

Go into a store.

General rule I learned today: If you didnt sign an equipment agreement that day, you don’t actually have an order that will ship. 

Until today, I had contacted chat support 3 times in the lst week.  I told them I didnt get an equipment agreement.  All three times they said “Don’t worry, we see your order in the system, heres the order number, on the day of release, you will get the equipment agreement email.”

Sadly, after all this, the T-mobile team’s commitment to do right by their customers, came down to “Sorry, that really sucks, nothing I can do about it, I cant fix it, I cant discount anything, I cant even expedite shipping on an out-of-stock pre-order, you are back of the line.”

Bonus: This t-mobile location is the highest selling location in the region and still wont get even 1 unit of the “pro” models on release day.  Everything they are getting is Pixel 6.

T-Mobile: The mobile company where our app doesnt work, upgrade in-store is sometimes broken, and we dont take care of our customers when we screw it up!

I did sign the documents as it prompted me to do that on the website. The only thing you can usually get a email confirmation of the DocuSign and a separate email confirmation of the order and I received none of that.

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you signed the documents, try putting your order number, if you have it into the customer care order check:

Check and Track Your Order Status | T-Mobile

This may show orders that dont show via the regular order check.

Userlevel 2
Badge

And before others suggest it, yes the store reps called the care  line themselves.  The rep on that end basically said “yes, we know a small number of orders were affected, they are in the wrong system, we cant move it over, the only thing we can do is cancel and place a new order in the right system”.

Also I just want to let you know that when I call customer care when preorders first began they didn't know anything about it, they even told me that they're not going to have it. Then not even a minute after I hung up the phone, Chrome browser automatically refreshed the website and it appeared on their website. After that if someone was nice enough to take their time with you, then they would figure out that it was an internal issue on the website by trying on their computer and then calling their IT department who you said it was a website issue. I mean a lot of them told me on the 19th that it's the very first time that they ever heard of the Pixel coming to T-Mobile, which a lot of them said no and a lot of them couldn't confirm or deny it in any capacity.. They also told me that they are unable to do any orders for this phone and that I can only do it on the website, not even going into a store or on the app either ( once I called back after the website refreshed and it was listed there but giving me website issues trying to complete the order). 

I mean T-Mobile really dropped the ball and they weren't prepared for this. I think that they believed that it wouldn't have so many preorders as they did and it wouldn't be such a big lunch. So I just hope that they're better prepared for future Pixels from here on out.

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you signed the documents, try putting your order number, if you have it into the customer care order check:

Check and Track Your Order Status | T-Mobile

Unfortunately I'm unable to do this because I didn't purchase the phone from customer care. Which even customer care on the phone or chat is unable to give me any numbers because again I didn't purchase it from customer care directly. When I'm on the phone with customer care, they told me last night (10-25) that shipment leaving date switched from the 27th to the 28th. Then this morning they said that they see the order in the system, but that they don't see any shipping date or any detailed information other than the order number that I've seen before in the app and once I logged in on the website until it disappeared (which blank information, or reverting from having information to blank information is never a good thing).

Userlevel 2
Badge

Which I want to be clear that from the 19th until last night I was able to see my order in the app on the home screen and the Order cast. I was also able to see the order inside my account on the website as well. Which is only been since this morning that everything disappeared for me and then when I call customer care everything is blank other than the order number.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Update as of 9:30 AM ET on 10-27 I'm still not seeing my order. Also if I manually put in the order number and the rest of the info on T-Mobile's check order page I keep getting this. Also in the app and on the website under my account it tells me that I don't have any orders either. Which from the 19th until the 25th I was able to see my order on the app and website, then since the 26th all the information has completely disappeared.

What did you order? Was it a white one? Curious because i still don't see anything moving on the white i ordered.

I took advantage of the offer for a free Pixel 6 regular one and bought a OnePlus 5T for $90 off Facebook marketplace and traded it in for a free pixel 6 at the store until my pro comes so I'll have both

What did you order? Was it a white one? Curious because i still don't see anything moving on the white i ordered.

I took advantage of the offer for a free Pixel 6 regular one and bought a OnePlus 5T for $90 off Facebook marketplace and traded it in for a free pixel 6 at the store until my pro comes so I'll have both

I got the Black 6 Pro 128gb with my Pixel 5 trade in.