Question

issues with my Google pixel 6 Pro preorder?

• 26 October 2021
  • 64 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this long post and to give me some help and advice.

So I preordered a Google Pixel 6 Pro from T-Mobile's website, but I seem to be having a lot of issues with my order. What should I do? Because I have a feeling that I'm not going to receive my phone. That somewhere down the line you were just going to get canceled or they're going to claim that I never made an order. 

1st off when I tried to make the purchase on T-Mobile's website as soon as preorders became available, there was some type of technical issue that was confirmed by customer care who confirmed that with the IT department. Then about 3-4 hours later the website was working again and I was able to purchase the device.

So after I completed the transaction I never received any confirmation email and any of my DocuSign emails that I should've received after placing the order. Which I was able to confirm on T-Mobile's website and through the app that I had an order processing. The order said that it was supposed to ship out on the 27th of October and then arrive to me in 1-2 days.

Then yesterday the order changed the shipping date from the 27th to the 28th. Now as of this morning (10-26), the order has completely disappeared from the T-Mobile app on the home screen, under the orders tab and on T-Mobile's website after logging into my account.

On top of all this, I know people that ordered the device from the Google store, other carriers as well as T-Mobile and they've already received their device. My friend who has T-Mobile as well also preordered after me and already received his device.

64 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sadly, I too today experienced the “I reserved in the first few hours on the 19th when customer care had system errors but ended up not having an actual order”.

Go into a store.

General rule I learned today: If you didnt sign an equipment agreement that day, you don’t actually have an order that will ship. 

Until today, I had contacted chat support 3 times in the lst week.  I told them I didnt get an equipment agreement.  All three times they said “Don’t worry, we see your order in the system, heres the order number, on the day of release, you will get the equipment agreement email.”

Sadly, after all this, the T-mobile team’s commitment to do right by their customers, came down to “Sorry, that really sucks, nothing I can do about it, I cant fix it, I cant discount anything, I cant even expedite shipping on an out-of-stock pre-order, you are back of the line.”

Bonus: This t-mobile location is the highest selling location in the region and still wont get even 1 unit of the “pro” models on release day.  Everything they are getting is Pixel 6.

T-Mobile: The mobile company where our app doesnt work, upgrade in-store is sometimes broken, and we dont take care of our customers when we screw it up!

Userlevel 2
Badge

And before others suggest it, yes the store reps called the care  line themselves.  The rep on that end basically said “yes, we know a small number of orders were affected, they are in the wrong system, we cant move it over, the only thing we can do is cancel and place a new order in the right system”.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sadly, I too today experienced the “I reserved in the first few hours on the 19th when customer care had system errors but ended up not having an actual order”.

Go into a store.

General rule I learned today: If you didnt sign an equipment agreement that day, you don’t actually have an order that will ship. 

Until today, I had contacted chat support 3 times in the lst week.  I told them I didnt get an equipment agreement.  All three times they said “Don’t worry, we see your order in the system, heres the order number, on the day of release, you will get the equipment agreement email.”

Sadly, after all this, the T-mobile team’s commitment to do right by their customers, came down to “Sorry, that really sucks, nothing I can do about it, I cant fix it, I cant discount anything, I cant even expedite shipping on an out-of-stock pre-order, you are back of the line.”

Bonus: This t-mobile location is the highest selling location in the region and still wont get even 1 unit of the “pro” models on release day.  Everything they are getting is Pixel 6.

T-Mobile: The mobile company where our app doesnt work, upgrade in-store is sometimes broken, and we dont take care of our customers when we screw it up!

I did sign the documents as it prompted me to do that on the website. The only thing you can usually get a email confirmation of the DocuSign and a separate email confirmation of the order and I received none of that.

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you signed the documents, try putting your order number, if you have it into the customer care order check:

Check and Track Your Order Status | T-Mobile

This may show orders that dont show via the regular order check.

Userlevel 2
Badge

And before others suggest it, yes the store reps called the care  line themselves.  The rep on that end basically said “yes, we know a small number of orders were affected, they are in the wrong system, we cant move it over, the only thing we can do is cancel and place a new order in the right system”.

Also I just want to let you know that when I call customer care when preorders first began they didn't know anything about it, they even told me that they're not going to have it. Then not even a minute after I hung up the phone, Chrome browser automatically refreshed the website and it appeared on their website. After that if someone was nice enough to take their time with you, then they would figure out that it was an internal issue on the website by trying on their computer and then calling their IT department who you said it was a website issue. I mean a lot of them told me on the 19th that it's the very first time that they ever heard of the Pixel coming to T-Mobile, which a lot of them said no and a lot of them couldn't confirm or deny it in any capacity.. They also told me that they are unable to do any orders for this phone and that I can only do it on the website, not even going into a store or on the app either ( once I called back after the website refreshed and it was listed there but giving me website issues trying to complete the order). 

I mean T-Mobile really dropped the ball and they weren't prepared for this. I think that they believed that it wouldn't have so many preorders as they did and it wouldn't be such a big lunch. So I just hope that they're better prepared for future Pixels from here on out.

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you signed the documents, try putting your order number, if you have it into the customer care order check:

Check and Track Your Order Status | T-Mobile

Unfortunately I'm unable to do this because I didn't purchase the phone from customer care. Which even customer care on the phone or chat is unable to give me any numbers because again I didn't purchase it from customer care directly. When I'm on the phone with customer care, they told me last night (10-25) that shipment leaving date switched from the 27th to the 28th. Then this morning they said that they see the order in the system, but that they don't see any shipping date or any detailed information other than the order number that I've seen before in the app and once I logged in on the website until it disappeared (which blank information, or reverting from having information to blank information is never a good thing).

Userlevel 2
Badge

Which I want to be clear that from the 19th until last night I was able to see my order in the app on the home screen and the Order cast. I was also able to see the order inside my account on the website as well. Which is only been since this morning that everything disappeared for me and then when I call customer care everything is blank other than the order number.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Update as of 9:30 AM ET on 10-27 I'm still not seeing my order. Also if I manually put in the order number and the rest of the info on T-Mobile's check order page I keep getting this. Also in the app and on the website under my account it tells me that I don't have any orders either. Which from the 19th until the 25th I was able to see my order on the app and website, then since the 26th all the information has completely disappeared.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Update as of 9:30 AM ET on 10-27 I'm still not seeing my order. Also if I manually put in the order number and the rest of the info on T-Mobile's check order page I keep getting this. Also in the app and on the website under my account it tells me that I don't have any orders either. Which from the 19th until the 25th I was able to see my order on the app and website, then since the 26th all the information has completely disappeared.

Have you tried physically going into a store?  And then give them your order number and ask them to explain to you what it is or isnt.  If you have an EIP, what did you sign an EIP for?  Thats a pretty important question to you legally and financially.

Mine just got back ordered till November. Up until a few hours ago it said delivery on 10/28 now it got moved. I preordered on 10/19. White pixel 6 pro.

This Shi#y, I pre ordered pixel 6 pro on 19th, did all the required digi signing, and my shipping date was 10-28 for the past 10 days I just rechecked it now and it says 11-12-21 to 11-18-21. Tmobile sucks at this, I even went into an actual store to pre order pixel 6pro on 10-19. What A joke Tmobile, I would have purchased from Google if you would have said I would not receive phone until middle of November. Nice way to treat A customer of 20 years. 

I just had mine switch from being shipped out before tomorrow to backordered. Called customer care and wasn't given any real reason - they just tried to blame Google for not shipping them any. 

Basically it's another tmobile shit show. Between their handling of orders, slow internet, and next to nothing product availability,  I have no idea why I'm still with them. 

I just had mine switch from being shipped out before tomorrow to backordered. Called customer care and wasn't given any real reason - they just tried to blame Google for not shipping them any. 

Basically it's another tmobile shit show. Between their handling of orders, slow internet, and next to nothing product availability,  I have no idea why I'm still with them. 

Same here, something tells me there are going to be alot of pissed off folks about this. All week my ship date was 10-28 within the past few hours the shipping date changed to 11/12/21-11/18/21.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Mine just got back ordered till November. Up until a few hours ago it said delivery on 10/28 now it got moved. I preordered on 10/19. White pixel 6 pro.

I'm having an issue because one representative told me that if it doesn't ship out by the 27th then I should give customer care a call. When I did that my Community member didn't want to help me and switched me to an overseas representative (rude and unprofessional). Then when I call back later in the day today when I had more time. They told me that it supposed to ship out tomorrow and it's waiting be picked up at the moment. I still haven't gotten any tracking number I'm still unable to see my order in any capacity on my own. The second phone call with the community rep they told me that they're having issues with their order system so you may not be able to find you order or the order information may be wrong. I don't know how accurate that is because nobody else I told you that when I called.

Then no I have not went into a store as of yet, tomorrow in the morning I have some time and I'm going to go into the store and talk with them about it if I don't get any tracking number and or if the order doesn't pop back up for me to check and it shows that up that it has shipped by the by tomorrow morning. Also someone told me in one of the Pixel groups on Facebook that they ordered the pro directly from T-Mobile's website yesterday with overnight 1-day shipping and it arrived to them today (10-27 and honestly I would take that with a grain of salt). So when I brought that up to the community customer care representative first they told me it's in order of when you purchase the phone. I told the representative that I purchased it on the 19th as soon as your web site was fixed because the website had some technical issues not letting me purchase the phone unrelated to the preorder launch. While the other person purchased it on the 26 yesterday and received it today directly from T-Mobile's website. When I said all that she was mute about it and tried to switch the subject back to what she saw in the screen.

Userlevel 2
Badge

This Shi#y, I pre ordered pixel 6 pro on 19th, did all the required digi signing, and my shipping date was 10-28 for the past 10 days I just rechecked it now and it says 11-12-21 to 11-18-21. Tmobile sucks at this, I even went into an actual store to pre order pixel 6pro on 10-19. What A joke Tmobile, I would have purchased from Google if you would have said I would not receive phone until middle of November. Nice way to treat A customer of 20 years. 

Mine has changed from the 27th to the 28th. Other than that, when I spoke to community team member on the phone in the later afternoon today, they told me that it's waiting to be picked up (I still don't see any bank). charges yet for the device.

By the way I'm a customer of 15 years, so I can understand what you were saying by a longtime customer getting screwed over. Which Honestly though, I've never had any issues with multiple phones that I pre-ordered in the past. I haven't pre-ordered anything in 3-4 years until now, I was used to receiving the phone early even before the shipping information generated.

Same here. But it said will ship BY 10/28. To me that means no later then 10/28. Now it says estimated to ship 11/12  to 11/18

I'm having an issue because one representative told me that if it doesn't ship out by the 27th then I should give customer care a call. When I did that my Community member didn't want to help me and switched me to an overseas representative (rude and unprofessional). Then when I call back later in the day today when I had more time. They told me that it supposed to ship out tomorrow and it's waiting be picked up at the moment. I still haven't gotten any tracking number I'm still unable to see my order in any capacity on my own. The second phone call with the community rep they told me that they're having issues with their order system so you may not be able to find you order or the order information may be wrong. I don't know how accurate that is because nobody else I told you that when I called.

Then no I have not went into a store as of yet, tomorrow in the morning I have some time and I'm going to go into the store and talk with them about it if I don't get any tracking number and or if the order doesn't pop back up for me to check and it shows that up that it has shipped by the by tomorrow morning. Also someone told me in one of the Pixel groups on Facebook that they ordered the pro directly from T-Mobile's website yesterday with overnight 1-day shipping and it arrived to them today (10-27 and honestly I would take that with a grain of salt). So when I brought that up to the community customer care representative first they told me it's in order of when you purchase the phone. I told the representative that I purchased it on the 19th as soon as your web site was fixed because the website had some technical issues not letting me purchase the phone unrelated to the preorder launch. While the other person purchased it on the 26 yesterday and received it today directly from T-Mobile's website. When I said all that she was mute about it and tried to switch the subject back to what she saw in the screen.

Check the card you used to pay for it with. At the very least (if you financed) you should have had to pay tax. In my experience with pre-orders with T-Mobile they don't charge your card until the device is pretty much packaged and ready to ship. Sometimes their site is slow to update tracking info but your credit card company will still show the charge right away.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Check the card you used to pay for it with. At the very least (if you financed) you should have had to pay tax. In my experience with pre-orders with T-Mobile they don't charge your card until the device is pretty much packaged and ready to ship. Sometimes their site is slow to update tracking info but your credit card company will still show the charge right away.

That's what I did. Also I know that they don't charge you until it literally is going out the door. All I'm saying is because originally it was supposed to leave today, but thanks

So far I am another in the boat, I have signed my agreement the same day I pre-ordered. Was given a shipment day of October 28th without any notice subject to change. I was charged today on my card. Got excited. Checked order. The order has changed the day before release day to shipment on November 12-18. Disappointed. Should the shipping become free at this point? No transparency from T-Mobile on this matter and not sure if this is a Google issue also. It feels like a first come first serve bait and switch all over again. Hoping maybe they will ship the phone earlier than expected.

I would give it a few days. If they charged your order chances are it got boxed and labeled, but who knows at this point. If not, then they f---'d up pretty good. I've never had anything go smooth with an order from T-Mobile but, except for now, it's always come on time, regardless of what the website said.

Same here. But it said will ship BY 10/28. To me that means no later then 10/28. Now it says estimated to ship 11/12  to 11/18

Same with me! 😔

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here's an update for people that's  reading this post. 

It's now 1AM ET on October 28. I still haven't received a tracking number and I'm still unable to find my info. So what I'm going to do is check again later in the morning as soon as I wake up. Which if I haven't received a tracking number and or my info doesn't appear again with that it has been shipped, then I'm going to go to the nearest store and see what they can do for me.

I ordered two Pixel 6 Pro on October 20th.  I'm not sure what to think- 

Mine says- 

Order received

Thursday, October 21

Shipping

Friday, December 03

Estimated delivery Thursday, October 28

I am in the same boat as most of you….. Ordered on the 19th and said was to be shipped 10/28 and now not until 11/19….. FRUSTRATING to say the least!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here is another update for me. It's 9:50AM ET and now I have a tracking number via UPS and they said that it's out for delivery currently. I'm now able to see my information on T-Mobile's website and the app. Like one of the representatives told me, I guess there was some issues with tracking orders on the T-Mobile side and what they saw on the screen when I called in was wrong. But I'm glad that UPS on their website has it on the way to me today. I also purchased a case off Amazon that was backordered, but now it's supposedly arriving today as well. Which this is even better for me so I don't have to wait to use my device or go to Best Buy and get a temporary case until my clear fully enclosed case with a built in screen protector arrives.

So to everybody that's still having shipping issues, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that you receive your devices soon!