Question

Just got the tmobile android 12 update on my Oneplus 9pro global version and its causing issues

Show first post

35 replies

Definitely appreciate you helping; I just can’t find anything that has update in it in apps (i’ve looked) besides “Dynamic System Updates” “Built-in App Updates” and “Config Updates”.  The update doesn’t even show up in the notification bar, it only shows up under system update in settings, and will always show installation paused and then just go ahead and update for me on it’s own.  Very frustrating :(

I’ll post something on XDA and have been reading both them and OnePlus forums to find a solution but thus far it’s not been anything that’s worked.  I’ve also tried safemode but it’s still being forced during that.

Badge

I rolled back to Android 11 (after updating to 12 via T-Mo OTA) using MSM Download Toolkit. 

I didn't like losing advanced reboot access & the 'seconds' option on the status bar clock. Also, my Nothing (1) app wasn't optimized for Android 12 either and that was huge because it interfered with my earbuds. My navigation bar sometimes stayed in the landscape position after rotating back to portrait. Those things alone convinced me to ditch Android 12 for now on my T-Mobile OP9 Pro.

Thanks for sharing with us. I was looking for something similar and fond it from here. Thanks guys

Badge

I have the global version of the one plus 9 pro and have always stuck to tmobile firmware cause I need wifi calling/texting. Just got the android 12 update today. Now my phone thinks its always charging even when not plugged, battery drains twice as fast, no 5g, no wifi calling/texting. Also my bootloader is unlocked but the phone is not rooted.  Anyone else having these issues or have any ideas on how to fix them?

Badge

I'm on business line with 24 other lines.  T-Mobile is the absolute worst in updates I cannot believe that they have approved these updates it is horrendous.  Keep in mind the T-Mobile governs the updates for devices on their carrier Network not OnePlus.

Badge

I just received my Android 13 update for my T-Mo OP9 Pro on 5/10/2023, and I now have a newfound love for this phone again. Yes, it is late as HELL, but I'm very happy with the update so far. 

Badge

I'd try factory resetting the phone. If nothing, then use MSM toolkit to flash back to OS 11 and try updating again. Not to mention, hopefully a version of 13 could be another fix for you also..

Badge

Can we downgrade if we accept the Android 13 upgrade?  I suspect that Android 13 will destroy my ability to use the native call recording which is why I have kept with OnePlus devices in the first place.  It will likely kill the fooview app I use so often for screenshot screen recording of a section of the screen and stitching screenshots and editing as well which I utilize daily

Badge

Personally, I would update and if it isn't to your liking, downgrade by using your Global MSM Toolkit. These kits take you back to Android 11.

Here is a link to everything you need (including instructions). Just be sure to use the Global MSM and not the Indian/T-Mo/or EU version(s). Hope this helps!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PbVwsUqW8Zh1sJLgl4Uf-YMkzvr8PJt8

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Can we downgrade if we accept the Android 13 upgrade?  I suspect that Android 13 will destroy my ability to use the native call recording which is why I have kept with OnePlus devices in the first place.  It will likely kill the fooview app I use so often for screenshot screen recording of a section of the screen and stitching screenshots and editing as well which I utilize daily

It is possible to rollback.  OnePlus, now OPPO, has not restricted the ability to roll back.  Personally, I would say use the links.over on XDA with their walk through.  If.you have any questions about the process or need any help.  Someone usually responds pretty quickly over there.  MSM will completely wipe your device so make sure you back up everything you want to keep.