Solved

LG G Pad F 8.0: Is T-Mobile ever going to deliver the promised one major upgrade?

• 15 September 2016
  • 7 replies

• First activity
  • 6 replies

Now that this device is two MAJOR releases out of date and T-Mobile hasn't delivered a single major version upgrade are we to just assume that T-Mobile is never going to deliver a single significant upgrade to this device. I thought I heard that T-Mobile had promised at least some minimal support like at least one major upgrade. What's the point of buying a device from T-Mobile if they won't even support it? I, and I think most owners of this tablet, feel taken by T-Mobile.  I won't buy any more devices from T-Mobile and my last 3 have all been Nexus/Pixel devices because I don't seem to be able to trust anyone but Google to support what they sell. Are you listening johnlagere ?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 15 September 2016, 16:56

Hi @noff and thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, we don't have an news on an update for the G Pad. You'll want to keep an eye on this device's dedicated page for information about software. Community-2530

Any update information will be posted there.

I also suggest taking a peak at our Software update development FAQs page. It gives a general overview of how software updates work.

I wish I had something more solid for ya, but this is all we have.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @noff and thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, we don't have an news on an update for the G Pad. You'll want to keep an eye on this device's dedicated page for information about software. Community-2530

Any update information will be posted there.

I also suggest taking a peak at our Software update development FAQs page. It gives a general overview of how software updates work.

I wish I had something more solid for ya, but this is all we have.

I don't remember anywhere updates being promised by anyone. But one thing to keep in mind, T-Mobile and the other carriers do not develop updates for the device. This is done solely by the manufacturer and the carrier cannot force them to update. If LG develops the update then T-Mobile can test and approve it to be sent to the device. Short of that, we would be waiting on LG.

The ATT version was upgraded so that points to t-mobile being the hold up

here. What I'm looking for is someone with authority to say something to

come clean with those of us who bought this tablet about what is going on.

I know all the places to look and know the process. The issue here is a

lack of communication and support from T-MOBILE. The uncarrier is looking

more like the other carriers all the time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Unfortunately, I can't say why AT&T has it. I can only give you what information we have about T-Mobile branded devices. As of right now, we don't have any word about an update for it. That's why we have the pages on support specifically for what information we do have on our devices. I know that's not what you were looking for, but if we get any new information, we'll update that page.

The AT&T version and the T-Mobile version are different. LG will need to develop the update for the T-Mobile version too. Just because the AT&T one is done doesn't mean they finished the T-Mobile version. I don't see the tablets on the update page that shows if it is still in manufacturer development or T-Mobile testing. That would be nice to see. Knowing which party has it like above will be about the most T-Mobile would provide as far as status. And if T-Mobile finds a problem with it, it could be sent back to LG for further work.

Translated... nothing will be done and nothing will be communicated. I

understand that there isn't anything you can do but there is something

others at T-Mobile could do. They just don't. And that's exactly the point.

I'd appreciate it if you would escalate this to whoever you have to

escalate it to in the hope that it can penetrate T-Mobile's wall of

indifference.

Un-Carrier? --- it's extinct

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Sure!

I'm happy to pass along your feedback. I can't promise any immediate update will be given but I'll make sure the business here's your concern. In the mean time, the software page will have the most updated info we have on

Thanks again for posting.