LG G4 will not recieve calls

• 19 August 2017
  • 8 replies

As with a previous post that I viewed, I have an LG G4 that I bought off of Amazon as an unlocked phone but it is obviously an AT&T phone because their logo shows up upon start up. I've tried to remove or disable all AT&T apps and registered the phone with the t-mobile APN. I can make phone calls, receive texts, surf the web and all that, just can't recieve phone calls! I'm at my wits end and about to just return the phone! Please help!!!

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Can you find out if it's a model H810? If not, does it have a model number like HXXX?

Where are you located?

Hardware info shows it as a LG-H810. I am in the U.S.

Userlevel 7

magenta2441933 wrote:

Hardware info shows it as a LG-H810. I am in the U.S.

A little more specific on the location would be helpful (e.g. Zip Code)

Userlevel 7

I don't have a lot of frequency data in Douglasville. Here's what I suspect. The AT&T version of the L4 does not have band-4 UMTS and may not be compatible with T-Mobile's VoLTE. This would require the phone to drop down to GSM to make and receive calls. It may be able to do this for outgoing calls, where things just wait until the phone is ready. It may not be able to accomplish this fast enough for incoming calls not to fail.

Does the phone have a VoLTE off/on setting? If it does, check that it's set to ON.

Again, this is just my best guess based on the information I have right now. Maybe someone else can come up with a better answer.

Userlevel 6

Hey, @magenta2441933​! Just wanted to check in here and see if you'd had any luck getting incoming calls working on this G4! How are things going?

- Marissa

Userlevel 6

Happy weekend, @magenta2441933​! I wanted to drop by and see how you're doing with your G4! Were able to get it working more reliably, or did you go the return route? Hope things are going well!

- Marissa

Hey, @magenta2441933!

I wanted to swing by one last time to see if you're still having issues with incoming calls on your G4 or if you've chose to return the device. Keep us posted!