Solved

LG G6 when will we get Pie?

• 30 January 2020
  • 6 replies

I've talked with T-mo support and LG Support and gotten nowhere.  This is a flagship device and has only gotten one major Android update.  A T-mo rep said that that LG hasn't released the udpate, but that is odd since AT&T and Verizon here in the US, and many carriers overseas already have pie on their G6.  We used to have the product page that showed software lifecycle so we're just stuck wondering. 

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 10 February 2020, 20:54

We still have the Community-2444 page, but I don't see any LG updating in the works right now.

View original

6 replies

My thoughts are that the customer base using the LG G6 is too small for them to give much importance. They apparently prefer to concentrate their resources on newer and/or more popular phones that have a larger customer base.

I also feel that they think this will give us an incentive to upgrade our phones and give them more of our money.

LG G6 users are the minority so we don't matter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I'm not seeing this one getting that update. If that changes, that'll be updated on our site.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

We still have the Community-2444 page, but I don't see any LG updating in the works right now.

so, the question is still unanswered, when is T-Mobile going to put out the Android 9 pie update for LG G6? Or, are we just supposed to throw away a $600 investment? I don't see why every other platform for the same phone, has the update and we don't? What's up with that?

What does that mean exactly, that it's not going to be updated to pie, like all of the other carriers have done?

WHEN WILL LG G6 can an update to Android pie ?  Why is it taking so long ?