Question

LG G7 Charging Not Working/Slow Charge

Hi everyone,

I’m having trouble with the connection of the charger linking to my phone. I have to hold the connector of the charger to my phone at a certain angle in order to pass energy to my phone, but when it does connect, it slow charges. The battery drains very quickly and even if it is charging all night, it doesn’t even reach full battery. I took it to a local phone repair shop and they replaced the charging adapter but it is still the same. I have 2 chargers that work for my husbands phone but not for mine. Any suggestions of what the problem may be? 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

My  suggestion is to try a wireless charger.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi everyone,

I’m having trouble with the connection of the charger linking to my phone. I have to hold the connector of the charger to my phone at a certain angle in order to pass energy to my phone, but when it does connect, it slow charges. The battery drains very quickly and even if it is charging all night, it doesn’t even reach full battery. I took it to a local phone repair shop and they replaced the charging adapter but it is still the same. I have 2 chargers that work for my husbands phone but not for mine. Any suggestions of what the problem may be? 

This sounds like an issue I have had in the past with other devices.  The cheap soldier used on the charging ports becomes weak and brittle over time to the point where it crumbles away.  It can be fixed at most cell phone repair places.  Prices vary, but I last paid $35 to have one of my Samsung’s done.  

Before looking at that though, perhaps a little rubbing alcohol to clean the port out with a papertowel.  Sometimes it is just the contacts that become dirty but the reason I started with the other first, is because you need to have your cable plugged in at just the right angle for it to work.  

Badge +1

also is your husbands phone and your phone the same type? one could end up taking a bit more oomph to charge it...your husbands might only need a slight connection where yours needs the full blast.. you tried two different charging cords but was it the cords only and the same wall adapter or different cords and wall adapters?

i have a fast charging wall adapter that will fast charge my LG G8 but barely charges my G6...yet i can plug into one of my many other chargers with the G6 and it charges perfectly fine..

if it does end up being the port though...as pointed out above..you can have someone dig into it to see if they can spot the problem or bump over to a wireless charger and fully bypass needing a cord

not sure what the charging adapter would end up being though...wall adapter? the part the cord plugs into on the phone?