Solved

LG IMS has stopped

Show first post

188 replies

LG officially gone from any future purchases. 

LG got out of the cell phone business last year.

Nothing wrong with the LG Phones. This is is a T-mobile issue caused deliberately to upsell plder Lg phone owners to an unwanted unneeded 5G phone. That would be criminal conduct.

yeah thats it..becuase NONE of the phones currently being listed running into this are 5G capable….like the V60...TMO IS shutting down 3G here before to long however not just yet..and not just LGs phones..so that can be ruled out as well..this is by far on LG as its been pointed out numerous times now that LG is quite aware of the issue and are working on it.

I've got the v60 and had the issue

So When the finally com up with a fix (Assuming they will)

How do we get the phones fixed? Wil they reboot automatically, will we get a message on phone, or do we have to keep coming to the forums like bums even though we pay for monthly service we are NOT receiving due to their goof ups.

I have an LG Velvet 5G and it started this glitch crap 2 days ago and it wont make any calls, or send text messages, but it will connect to internet.  When I try to make a call it prompts me to enable Wi-Fi calling (Which I dont want )  Preferred Network is set to 5G On (5G/LTE/3G/2G)

I tried setting the Preferred Network to LTE/3G/2G  and still doesnt work. I dont want a new phone I want to keep this one so I am hoping they dont start with the whole sales tactic of saying you can upgrade your phone.

T Mobile store represetatives are useless. All they do is get your phone and start tapping around then 10 min later say “We dont know what it is, have you thought about getting another phone we can give you xxx amount off of a new one” (UPSELL)

I know more about the phone than they do. They are just there to sell you stuff under the guise of “Helping”. This phone glitching should not be happening.

I havent heard anything official from TMobile, seems like they are ignoring it hoping LG customers will just give up and go get another phone.

Well I will switch carriers on my unlocked device before I switch phones. I encourage others to switch carrier too if this is the case.  FIX THE PROBLEM!

Userlevel 3

No the problem still exists at 5:07pm ET and LG WOULD NOT BE THE FIXER DIRECTLY SINCE t-mobile rolled out a faulty update to begin with. Likely T-mobile is working with Lg engineers so T-mobile can undo the damage they caused. T-mobile may be slow rolling out a patch now to test.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Nothing wrong with the LG Phones. This is is a T-mobile issue caused deliberately to upsell plder Lg phone owners to an unwanted unneeded 5G phone. That would be criminal conduct.

yeah thats it..becuase NONE of the phones currently being listed running into this are 5G capable….like the V60...TMO IS shutting down 3G here before to long however not just yet..and not just LGs phones..so that can be ruled out as well..this is by far on LG as its been pointed out numerous times now that LG is quite aware of the issue and are working on it.

it seems like LG has fixed the issue. no more error message popping up, i can make and receive phone calls and texts.  woohoo!

Userlevel 3

About 12:30 MDT, my G7 phone mysteriously rebooted on its own and the problem seems to have been fixed. 😊

Thank you, I just tried it. I did the clear cache yesterday which did not work. Today I cleared data first and so far so good, no pop ups!

When you use the fixes that work do not turn Wi-Fi back on until LG fixes the issue.  I fixed mine last night and have not had an issue since because I've left Wi-Fi off.

At a guess T-mobile updated IMS service, LG updates didn't keep up for some phones, and BLAMMO! I doubt LG will take long to fix but I feel it's important to keep in mind that LG no longer make phones and that support will continue to drop off especially for older models.

BTW, I'm pretty sure it was just timing but I have the Alexa app on my. G7 and IT acted up and brought up a similar message. Killed it and now my G7 is fine and has been for past 30 min. Just throwing that in there lol

Userlevel 2

All bc I updated...smdh...

have LG G5 ...same issue.  Did the  force stop ‘fix’...worked for a while, then back to malfunction.  This is Tmobile issue right? Assuming such as LGs work with other carriers.  Ditto call for T Mobile support to respond- they should be out front with updates…???!!

Userlevel 2

Basically its the same for me. With the exception I will not purchase new phone. Im 'old school tech challenged ignorant' had been told nothing could be done...Im calling state rep, there has to be something.

Same issue,  went to store told nothing we can do. Few people came with same issue. Had to upgrade 2 phones.  Why do I pay for insurance and I'm still part of the Jump program nothing was offered to me, I pay 13.99 a month. Also wasn't told $30 per phone upgrade because rep did it. But I didn't go there for an upgrade, I wanted help. I cannot use my phone at all, can't receive or make phone calls, LG IMS has stopped  message pops up every 5 Seconds. I'm just going to cancel my 2 phones,  1 already paid in full. I have to wait for them to be shipped to me, but I'm paying for phone service that I cannot use so, it's time to leave T-Mobile. Oh yeah, and can't call them, my phone won't call. I'm done!!

Badge

Userlevel 3

Time for us to call each State Attorney General and demand an investigation.

I heard that they want everyone to update to 5G.  They probably programmed this into our phones.

Both my phones bought at the same time started having this issue at the same time.  Looks like I need to buy new phones.  

My Stylo 6 IS 5 flipping G!!! Was screwed all day yesterday but fine this morning. Started back with the LG IMS BS again around noon today... 

Userlevel 3

"LG IMS has stopped working" popup every 4 seconds rendering T-mobilr/LG phones almost unusable!

Monday May 23 1:30p ET finally got through to T-mobile tech support again now after 24 hours ---T-mobile engaged in criminal act, They are offering 2 solutions while blaming LG (phone functions fine and browses perfectly with T-MOBILE SIM CARD REMOVED (LESS PHONE/TEXT).

T-MOBILE SAYS:

1) FACTORY RESET ---do not do...does not work

1. They will swap you a REVVL 5G phone for ‘free’ after ‘refundable upfront costs (and of course a contract)

UNACCEPTABLE!

They are illegally forcing the retirement of 3Gand 4G phones to up-sell customers to the (cheaper for them to run), 5G phones which may be more dangerous and are not as good quality or features as our LG phones. The REVVL phones have permanent batteries which go bad in a year. My LG has a superior low light camera.

JUST FIX THE DELIBERATE PROBLEM AND GO PUBLIC WITH IT.

Time for us to call each State Attorney General and demand an investigation.

All the fix suggestions didn’t work for me.  I’ve been wanting to upgrade one of our phones for a while now - and now my wife agrees.  I’ve had a OnePlus N200 5G for a few months and I love it.  They had a promo - trade in ANY OLD working phone and the OnePlus is free.  

They have that same offer again, so I am trading an 8-year old Samsung Avant for the Nord 200 5G.  Only cost is Sales Tax + 6.95 shipping.  (I’ll sell the LG G6 online - if I get $25, I’ll be happy.)

I’d be really pissed if TMO is doing this to force people to buy a new phone.  I was looking to upgrade anyway.

So anyone with low budget can get a new OnePlus 5G pretty cheap.  Also I kept our grandfathered 55+ plan - no need to upgrade to Magenta (like so many of their other promos require).

Userlevel 2

DSmith, 

The fixes suggested worked temporarily for me. I called TMobile and same story, they know about the issue and are working on it with LG. I called LG, wait time is over 2 hours to speak to someone. They have a pre-recorded message that says they know about the problem and are treating with the highest priority. They said to wait another 24 hours and if not fixed to call them back. I will give them until Tuesday morning and then its bye bye TMobile after a very long partnership.

DSmith... I was told LG is no longer & hasn't been for 2/3 yrs. They don't know that they are dealing with the woman with a traumatic brain injury, I have no filter due to the tbi. Whole situation is making me sick. Phone was fine until I 'updated' & to be honest I don't even know if I had to. I always got along with the motto 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'...maybe just me.

I juat called my local tmobile and they said it was LG problem.  When I call LG they say give 24hr wait before calling tmobile.  Whoae fault is it and will they give me a new phone if its not fixed?

The fixes suggested worked temporarily for me. I called TMobile and same story, they know about the issue and are working on it with LG. I called LG, wait time is over 2 hours to speak to someone. They have a pre-recorded message that says they know about the problem and are treating with the highest priority. They said to wait another 24 hours and if not fixed to call them back. I will give them until Tuesday morning and then its bye bye TMobile after a very long partnership.

I am wondering how LG is going to excuse about this?

I couldn’t use my phone during Sunday and spent some time to find a workaround

LG, are u there? lawyers already warming up their laptops 😉

Userlevel 2

This was not a T-Mobile Issue.

It was an LG Issue. I spoke to LG this morning.

My phone seems to be fine now. Fingers Crossed

what did LG tell you?

I just left Metro/T mobile(basically useless btw)was told LG was shut down, as in no help whatsoever. Told me I would have to tic 'close app' REPEATEDLY or buy new phone. It literally took me forever to learn this phone, what makes anybody think I want to go through this again??? I am old school, Tech challenged. I'm a dinosaur currently like this phone...

Badge

This worked for me:  How to Fix the 'LG IMS Has Stopped' Error on T-Mobile (stamfordadvocate.com)