Solved

LG IMS has stopped

Show first post

188 replies

Tested three ways to set LTE only mode on Lg Aristo 2 Plus successfully:

A:

1. Enter the code 277634#*# on the dial pad to get into Operator Hidden Menu.
  2. RAT_Selection →  LTE only

B:

1. Enter the code *#546368#*212# on the dial pad to get into Hidden Menu.
  2. Field Test → Modem Settings → RAT Selection → LTE only

C:

1. Enter the code *#*#4636#*#* on the dial pad to get into Testing menu
  2. Phone Information → Set preferred network type → LTE only

Userlevel 1

You don't have the option of restore 4g LTE under 3 dots under restore default settings? This fixes the ims popup.

No. Mine is automatically set this way. Only gives me 3 other options. So go figure. 

I'm using Wi-Fi on my unlocked device with a Mexican SIM card and no issues with the pop up wtf it has to be on the t-mobile end 😆

Userlevel 1

Day 5 of hit or miss calls and texts. This is ridiculous. New phones should be provided. God forbid there is an emergency!

Do the solution above it works.

I'm using Wi-Fi with a Mexican SIM and no issues it has to be on t-mobile end 👌no annoying popup 😆 this phone is unlocked maybe have to switch carriers idk ? Can't unlock my other lgv20 even tho it's paid off that won't work on the other phone 😲 why is that?

Userlevel 2

LG officially gone from any future purchases. 

LG got out of the cell phone business last year.

Nothing wrong with the LG Phones. This is is a T-mobile issue caused deliberately to upsell plder Lg phone owners to an unwanted unneeded 5G phone. That would be criminal conduct.

yeah thats it..becuase NONE of the phones currently being listed running into this are 5G capable….like the V60...TMO IS shutting down 3G here before to long however not just yet..and not just LGs phones..so that can be ruled out as well..this is by far on LG as its been pointed out numerous times now that LG is quite aware of the issue and are working on it.

I've got the v60 and had the issue

You are the exception ...I still think you work for t-mobile. It is their fault. Take out your Sim and the issue goes away

I am tech illiterate & I own it, earlier I was at my wits end i was in a tizzy so went to local Metro store & was told 'LG is no longer in business' but we'd be happy to sell you an upgrade' yeah RRRITE I bet. So I leave. When I got home I started looking, reading. Trying to find out what the problem was. Mind you, Im tech challenged, so I see 'app reset' & I press on it. Hadn't had pop up since.

There is no such thing as an ‘App reset’ so uncertain what you did. A soft reset and a factory reset are extreme options but do that unless you are complete backed up ...and reports are that does not work … if you turn WIFI back on.

Lol like I said Sweetie Im tech illiterate so tbh I had no clue what I did

Ive tried the above suggestions. Some didnt work at all. Some DID work - but only for a little while. It keeps popping back up. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

i have this problem on V30 from this morning. My husband V60 ThinQ got this issue a few hours ago and his phone stopped working at all, mine functions but popup does not go away.  i just tried Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage Force stop and clear data.

it worked, at least it took away the popup. Thank you

But did it REALLY work?? I have a V30 and did the same as you earlier today as to what you note. But mine came back as soon as i turned wifi on and took it off airplane mode after the fix. Did yours stay fixed?

Leave the Wifi OFF

And DO NOT power off the phone.

The fix for clearing the data will work but you must do this 1st. 

1. Turn off Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi calling.

2. Put phone in Airplane mode .

3. Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage and clear data. Then go to Force Stop. Then go back and forth and clear the data at least 4 times. If you don't clear it this many times then the message will return once you take it out of Airplane mode. 

The LG IMS Service is a service that is specifically available on the LG devices to have both VoLTE and WIFI features. The LG IMS Service is used on any supported LG devices. But recently, it is showing the error, “Unfortunately, LG IMS has stopped functioning”. The reason why this error is popping up is still unknown. However, this only happens when the Wi-Fi is switched to the Mobile network. Yes, you can fix this error and make it that you have multiple options for solving this issue.

Firstly, remove any updated programs from your device. Also, remove newly downloaded apps. This should be done if you have downloaded any recent apps. In your phone’s app, dial the number, “277634#8#”. From the menu, click on the IP Version and change it to IPV4V6. If nothing works then the simplest way would be to Factory reset your device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I’m on LG G6 and despite rebooting, get continuous “Unfortunately, LG IMS has stopped.”

did you follow the steps provided in the link two posts above yours?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey everybody!

Great news!! LG was able to release new updates that fully resolve the recent “IMS stopped” pop up issues. The fix is pretty quick and can be found on our support site. Here is the link that you can follow to see how to install the needed updates. LG IMS stopped | T-Mobile Support

In a few short clicks, those pesky popups will be a thing of the past.

The LG IMS Service is a service that is specifically available on the LG devices to have both VoLTE and WIFI features. The LG IMS Service is used on any supported LG devices. But recently, it is showing the error, “Unfortunately, LG IMS has stopped functioning”. The reason why this error is popping up is still unknown. However, this only happens when the Wi-Fi is switched to the Mobile network. Yes, you can fix this error and make it that you have multiple options for solving this issue.

Firstly, remove any updated programs from your device. Also, remove newly downloaded apps. This should be done if you have downloaded any recent apps. In your phone’s app, dial the number, “277634#8#”. From the menu, click on the IP Version and change it to IPV4V6. If nothing works then the simplest way would be to Factory reset your device.

“However, this only happens when the Wi-Fi is switched to the Mobile network.”

This is incorrect. My phone has been on Wi-Fi all day without me turning it off or going outside the range of my home Wi-Fi. The ONLY thing that has worked to solve this is by force stopping the “com-lge-ims-rcsprovider” process and clearing it’s data before it is restarted. After that, it has stopped failing. This has nothing to do with updated programs or network settings, and a factory reset (as many others on this thread have ALREADY said) does not resolve the issue. Something stuck in the IMS process data is causing the issue and clearing that data resolves the issue.