Solved

LG IMS has stopped

Userlevel 4
Badge

Could someone from T-Mobile support please respond to one of the questions about this topic with an update as to what we should to or when we can expect this to be fixed?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 2 June 2022, 16:06

View original

188 replies

Userlevel 2

I'm having the same issues on 3 phones 

Userlevel 2

"LG IMS keeps stopping"

Userlevel 4
Badge

I just asked T-Mobile help on Twitter if they had a time frame of when this issue would be fixed.  There response is that they do not know when it will be fixed but LG is aware and working to get it fixed ASAP.

Userlevel 2

same problem, started earlier today. sigh. at least i found this before i factory reset my phone :)

Userlevel 3

I did uninstall a couple of recently installed apps but didn’t reset the phone as was suggested when I searched it up. Thanks for this, will be patient. I have no complaints about T-Mobil service otherwise so there’s that.

Userlevel 1

Are we saying this is a TMobile issue not a hardware issue???

Userlevel 1

This started just today. Any word on the cause? Phone is unusable in the meantime, and it’s running the battery down, with all the stopping and restarting.

Userlevel 3

The other thread has a fix I copied below, it worked on my Stylus 4. Be persistent, keep tapping what you need thru the popups.

ok, just used the following suggestion:

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

Force stop and clear data.

This has fixed the issue for my mother’s v20.  At least for now…

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

Userlevel 1

I’m on LG G6 and despite rebooting, get continuous “Unfortunately, LG IMS has stopped.” Stopping App and clearind data and cache which have been suggested have not worked.

Userlevel 3

This is obviously a T-Mobile network problem.  LG has not made any changes to their cell phone android operating system or system apps, so T-Mobile must have made a network change that caused this error to pop-up.  Push T-Mobile to correct their error.

Could someone from T-Mobile support please respond to one of the questions about this topic with an update as to what we should to or when we can expect this to be fixed?

I waited in store over 2hrs today to be told they can't help me. It's not a TMobile issue. It's LG. When i askedthe manager what I'm to do as a customer I was told, and i quote, "I don't know". There were several people steadily coming in with similar issues.

#poorresponsetmobilesprintconglomerlotsofourmoney

i have this problem on V30 from this morning. My husband V60 ThinQ got this issue a few hours ago and his phone stopped working at all, mine functions but popup does not go away.  i just tried Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage Force stop and clear data.

it worked, at least it took away the popup. Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’ve tried all the suggestions, including the above suggestion and none of them worked.  I don’t want to do a factory reset but have read that it doesn’t work either.  It is not a T-Mobile problem.  T-Mobile Help on Twitter said LG is working on fixing the issue.  

We have 2 stylo 4’s that have started doing this today also. 

Userlevel 2

I was in T-Mobile store today, the salesperson actually said T-Mobile is shutting down a lot of the older phones. This would be unfortunate if they are forcing people to upgrade.

Agree this is likely a T-Mobile fault. I also had made no changes in programs, etc. I followed the suggestions above and eliminated the problem on my LG V20 (though have not rebooted to see if permanent - just thankful to get rid of the error message). I waited over1.5 hrs to speak to LG help line as T-Mobile blew me away. T-Mobile is responsible for the equipment they sell to run on their system.

My V20 has gone bonkers for last couple of hours due to this - the error message pops up every 3 seconds making the phone unusable

Userlevel 2

Do not factory reset your phone!!!! It does not work!!!!!!

Userlevel 2

Be sure to back your phone up through google cloud

Userlevel 1

"LG IMS keeps stopping"

I have this message in 2 phone

The other thread has a fix I copied below, it worked on my Stylus 4. Be persistent, keep tapping what you need thru the popups.

ok, just used the following suggestion:

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

Force stop and clear data.

This has fixed the issue for my mother’s v20.  At least for now…

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

Yes. I tried EVERYTHING. This is the only solution that worked. Thank you.

Userlevel 1

One of my family members needs their phone LG stylo.  Unsure model number.  They see reports of T-Mobile reporting buying a new phone as a solution.  Enough is enough.  We need answers, reduce fee for time unable to use phone and a replacement if unable to fix the issue.  I had wanted to switch companies this may be the catalyst that pushes us to act now...or remain phoneless.  Hope we all get help soon!

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have LG Style 4s on android v8.1 The following worked on both:

SHUT OFF WiFi. This is one of the triggers for the issue. Just use the cellular data capability of the phone, people.  Just shut it OFF, T-mobile is counting any WiFi data towards your limit (if you have one) anyways!!! It’s also MORE SECURE than the the coffee shop WiFi people...

CLEAR DATA then FORCE STOP and try NOT to turn off the phone. If you do repeat the above.

These LGs are at andriod v 8.1 when everyone else seems to be at v 10 ??? Is that an LG or T-mobile lack or progress???

I may be new here, but I’m definitely not new to IT.

And DON’T reset your phones, It WILL NOT correct the Issue!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you are trying to get through the every 2 or 3 second popup, just tap on the area where you are trying to go (NOT on the white rectangle box with the error).

This will clear the error box and you will have another 3 seconds to get to the settings - general - apps - app Info to get to the three dots … to show system apps. and fclear out the com.lg-ims- rcsprovider App and force it to stop.

Userlevel 1

We have LG Style 4s on android v8.1 The following worked on both:

SHUT OFF WiFi. This is one of the triggers for the issue. Just use the cellular data capability of the phone, people.  Just shut it OFF, T-mobile is counting any WiFi data towards your limit (if you have one) anyways!!! It’s also MORE SECURE than the the coffee shop WiFi people...

CLEAR DATA then FORCE STOP and try NOT to turn off the phone. If you do repeat the above.

These LGs are at andriod v 8.1 when everyone else seems to be at v 10 ??? Is that an LG or T-mobile lack or progress???

I may be new here, but I’m definitely not new to IT.

And DON’T reset your phones, It WILL NOT correct the Issue!!!

Tried all of that and it did not work