Solved

LG IMS has stopped

Userlevel 4
Badge

Could someone from T-Mobile support please respond to one of the questions about this topic with an update as to what we should to or when we can expect this to be fixed?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 2 June 2022, 16:06

View original

188 replies

Userlevel 1

Could someone from T-Mobile support please respond to one of the questions about this topic with an update as to what we should to or when we can expect this to be fixed?

I talked to supervisior today I was told LG will be doing a update tonight dont try to fix like i didt  because it's a pain in but to fix it back

I reset my phone without any luck. Don't know what the problem is. I have two LG Velvets that I got free back in November. I only have one set up. Luckily, I got a few free One Plus Nord 200. Guess I will be getting two more since they have the offer again.

Userlevel 1

I talked to supervisior today I was told LG will be doing a update tonight dont try to fix like i didt  because it's a pain in but to fix it back

The number to LG for customers only is 1 833 378 0003

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have LG Style 4s on android v8.1 The following worked on both:

SHUT OFF WiFi. This is one of the triggers for the issue. Just use the cellular data capability of the phone, people.  Just shut it OFF, T-mobile is counting any WiFi data towards your limit (if you have one) anyways!!! It’s also MORE SECURE than the the coffee shop WiFi people...

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

CLEAR DATA then FORCE STOP and try NOT to turn off the phone. If you do repeat the above.

These LGs are at andriod v 8.1 when everyone else seems to be at v 10 ??? Is that an LG or T-mobile lack or progress???

I may be new here, but I’m definitely not new to IT.

And DON’T reset your phones, It WILL NOT correct the Issue!!!

Tried all of that and it did not work

You might have to do it a couple of times.

Shut off the phone first.

Turn it back on and DISABLE ALL WiFi nonsense.

THEN go into settings.

Userlevel 2
Badge

When we eventually need new replacement TVs I can think of one brand that we will NOT be getting!!!

Userlevel 1

So, it appears that LG and/or TMobile have jacked something up. I have a LG G6 (it has been a steady work horse for the past 4 years). I sure as hell hope they unscrew the issue they caused because there is no way I can afford a new phone at this time.

Userlevel 1
Badge

take out your sim and the phone will work with no problems so when they claim its LG’S problem there lying

Userlevel 1

Can’t go to work and do my job ! I have to have my phone !!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to pay me for my lost wages ??????

Userlevel 1

I thought I was only one having this problem. Apparently not. I have a LG G8 thinQ. My dad's phone is having the same issue. I hope this gets fixed ASAP. It's annoying as heck!

This has been going on the whole damn day. Wtf. I need to do some important things like business stuff and dispute some fraudulent charges on my card and this sh*t is driving me up the freaking wall. I cant do anything on my phone. Why has this issue not been fixed yet? 

I feel like T-Mobile wants to force us to get new phones. I love my LG V30 and if LG still made their great phones, I might upgrade. But they stopped making phones and I like Android, but do not want Samsung. 

Nevertheless, I hope they find a fix, seems like this has affected many of us, and it is frustrating.

Userlevel 2
Badge

take out your sim and the phone will work with no problems so when they claim its LG’S problem there lying

Umm, don’t the phones Need the SIM to work? You might have an ancient SIM, but most or all phones Need the SIM card in to work.

The other thread has a fix I copied below, it worked on my Stylus 4. Be persistent, keep tapping what you need thru the popups.

ok, just used the following suggestion:

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

Force stop and clear data.

This has fixed the issue for my mother’s v20.  At least for now…

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

I tried this on my Stylus 4 and “IT WORKED”. Thanks for the info because this was driving me nuts!

Userlevel 2

The other thread has a fix I copied below, it worked on my Stylus 4. Be persistent, keep tapping what you need thru the popups.

ok, just used the following suggestion:

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Force stop and clear data.

This has fixed the issue for my mother’s v20.  At least for now…

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

I don't even see 3 dots...wtheck??? :-/ 

Useless

i have this problem on V30 from this morning. My husband V60 ThinQ got this issue a few hours ago and his phone stopped working at all, mine functions but popup does not go away.  i just tried Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage Force stop and clear data.

it worked, at least it took away the popup. Thank you

But did it REALLY work?? I have a V30 and did the same as you earlier today as to what you note. But mine came back as soon as i turned wifi on and took it off airplane mode after the fix. Did yours stay fixed?

That could be a virus!!!

I have the same issue on both of my in-laws LG G6 phones. Both started showing the IMS error at the same time. I am a computer nerd and I have tried every possible ways to fix it. And it didn’t work. finally i replaced the SIM card from my LG V60  to see what happens. When I put the SIM card back, my LG V60 also started showing the same error. This is definitely a malware or a bug that sits on SIM cards. 

I had the same issue today(May 22, 2022). I ran the clear data but this solution didn’t work on my LG G7
Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage Force stop and clear data.

Userlevel 2

I have an LG 5 Arista. Metro is my carrier. Upon updating I got the LG IMS stopped working notification up until the update all was well. I live on a very very tight budget and the thought of an upgrade phone makes me break out into a sweat. I'm old school, so Tech challenged I'm dangerous. T-Mobile you have to do something to fix the situation.

Userlevel 3

None of the ‘fixes’ have worked for most everyone. This is a T-mobile / LG  issue and likely T-mobile. Since you can remove the sim card (bypassing T-mobile) and power up the phone and use all its functions including navigating settings without the annoying popup, this seems to point to T-MOBILE BEING THE CULPRIT.

T-mobile tech support ‘assured’ me 6x itwas an LG problem LG will fix by midnight EDT tonight (Sunday). They have 2 hours left. I believe T-mobile is lying.

With hundreds of thousands of affected customers why has T-MOBILE NOT NOTIFIED THE MEDIA OR THEIR CUSTOMERS?

Also happening on my V20. This is a major fail.

Userlevel 3

None of the ‘fixes’ have worked for most everyone. This is a T-mobile / LG  issue and likely T-mobile. Since you can remove the sim card (bypassing T-mobile) and power up the phone and use all its functions including navigating settings without the annoying popup, this seems to point to T-MOBILE BEING THE CULPRIT.

T-mobile tech support ‘assured’ me 6x itwas an LG problem LG will fix by midnight EDT tonight (Sunday). They have 2 hours left. I believe T-mobile is lying.

With hundreds of thousands of affected customers why has T-MOBILE NOT NOTIFIED THE MEDIA OR THEIR CUSTOMERS?

Also happening on my V20. This is a major fail.

THIS IS AFFECTING MANY MODELS OF LG phones...all with T-MOBILE SIM cards. It is not the phones.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was able to find a solution that works. 

1. Turn off your Wi-Fi and keep it off or the box “LG IMS has stopped” will pop back up. Simply repeat the steps below to remove it again. 
  2. You can navigate the phone with the message “LG IMS has stopped”  just click any space on your phone screen around the box.. It will reappear in about three seconds so you will go a bit slower until you complete the steps below. 

Steps to clear LG IMS has stopped box

Go to settings> storage//internal storage>other apps>hit three dots in upper right hand corner...>show system>scroll to find, com.lge.ims.rcsprovider (was not in order on my phone)>clear data/cache. 

The box will disappear. 

This is obviously a T-Mobile network problem.  LG has not made any changes to their cell phone android operating system or system apps, so T-Mobile must have made a network change that caused this error to pop-up.  Push T-Mobile to correct their error.

We have 3 phones with T-Mobile network, only one of them is an LG. The LG phone is the only phone having this issue. We contacted T-Mobile and they had no idea about fixing the issue, we contacted LG and they said they are aware of the issue and are working on it. Sounds like a LG problem to me!

Appreciate all the potential fixes here, but they do not work on my V20. Only pulling the sim will the error stop. Time to backup all my data while on my wifi. Luckily I have an old iphone 6 as a temp.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I was able to find a solution that works. 

1. Turn off your Wi-Fi and keep it off or the box “LG IMS has stopped” will pop back up. Simply repeat the steps below to remove it again. 
  2. You can navigate the phone with the message “LG IMS has stopped”  just click any space on your phone screen around the box.. It will reappear in about three seconds so you will go a bit slower until you complete the steps below. 

Steps to clear LG IMS has stopped box

Go to settings> storage//internal storage>other apps>hit three dots in upper right hand corner...>show system>scroll to find, com.lge.ims.rcsprovider (was not in order on my phone)>clear data/cache. 

The box will disappear. 

My Wi-Fi is off and the steps to clear the LG IMS has stopped box does not work.  It isn’t working for most people.