Solved

LG IMS has stopped

Userlevel 4
Badge

Could someone from T-Mobile support please respond to one of the questions about this topic with an update as to what we should to or when we can expect this to be fixed?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 2 June 2022, 16:06

View original

188 replies

Userlevel 2

Basically its the same for me. With the exception I will not purchase new phone. Im 'old school tech challenged ignorant' had been told nothing could be done...Im calling state rep, there has to be something.

have LG G5 ...same issue.  Did the  force stop ‘fix’...worked for a while, then back to malfunction.  This is Tmobile issue right? Assuming such as LGs work with other carriers.  Ditto call for T Mobile support to respond- they should be out front with updates…???!!

Userlevel 2

All bc I updated...smdh...

At a guess T-mobile updated IMS service, LG updates didn't keep up for some phones, and BLAMMO! I doubt LG will take long to fix but I feel it's important to keep in mind that LG no longer make phones and that support will continue to drop off especially for older models.

BTW, I'm pretty sure it was just timing but I have the Alexa app on my. G7 and IT acted up and brought up a similar message. Killed it and now my G7 is fine and has been for past 30 min. Just throwing that in there lol

When you use the fixes that work do not turn Wi-Fi back on until LG fixes the issue.  I fixed mine last night and have not had an issue since because I've left Wi-Fi off.

Thank you, I just tried it. I did the clear cache yesterday which did not work. Today I cleared data first and so far so good, no pop ups!

About 12:30 MDT, my G7 phone mysteriously rebooted on its own and the problem seems to have been fixed. 😊

Userlevel 3

LG officially gone from any future purchases. 

LG got out of the cell phone business last year.

Nothing wrong with the LG Phones. This is is a T-mobile issue caused deliberately to upsell plder Lg phone owners to an unwanted unneeded 5G phone. That would be criminal conduct.

it seems like LG has fixed the issue. no more error message popping up, i can make and receive phone calls and texts.  woohoo!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Nothing wrong with the LG Phones. This is is a T-mobile issue caused deliberately to upsell plder Lg phone owners to an unwanted unneeded 5G phone. That would be criminal conduct.

yeah thats it..becuase NONE of the phones currently being listed running into this are 5G capable….like the V60...TMO IS shutting down 3G here before to long however not just yet..and not just LGs phones..so that can be ruled out as well..this is by far on LG as its been pointed out numerous times now that LG is quite aware of the issue and are working on it.

Userlevel 3

No the problem still exists at 5:07pm ET and LG WOULD NOT BE THE FIXER DIRECTLY SINCE t-mobile rolled out a faulty update to begin with. Likely T-mobile is working with Lg engineers so T-mobile can undo the damage they caused. T-mobile may be slow rolling out a patch now to test.

So When the finally com up with a fix (Assuming they will)

How do we get the phones fixed? Wil they reboot automatically, will we get a message on phone, or do we have to keep coming to the forums like bums even though we pay for monthly service we are NOT receiving due to their goof ups.

I have an LG Velvet 5G and it started this glitch crap 2 days ago and it wont make any calls, or send text messages, but it will connect to internet.  When I try to make a call it prompts me to enable Wi-Fi calling (Which I dont want )  Preferred Network is set to 5G On (5G/LTE/3G/2G)

I tried setting the Preferred Network to LTE/3G/2G  and still doesnt work. I dont want a new phone I want to keep this one so I am hoping they dont start with the whole sales tactic of saying you can upgrade your phone.

T Mobile store represetatives are useless. All they do is get your phone and start tapping around then 10 min later say “We dont know what it is, have you thought about getting another phone we can give you xxx amount off of a new one” (UPSELL)

I know more about the phone than they do. They are just there to sell you stuff under the guise of “Helping”. This phone glitching should not be happening.

I havent heard anything official from TMobile, seems like they are ignoring it hoping LG customers will just give up and go get another phone.

Well I will switch carriers on my unlocked device before I switch phones. I encourage others to switch carrier too if this is the case.  FIX THE PROBLEM!

yeah thats it..becuase NONE of the phones currently being listed running into this are 5G capable….like the V60...TMO IS shutting down 3G here before to long however not just yet..and not just LGs phones..so that can be ruled out as well..this is by far on LG as its been pointed out numerous times now that LG is quite aware of the issue and are working on it.

I've got the v60 and had the issue

I have the Stylo 4. I just restarted my phone and that seems to have solved the issue (for now?)

THIS PERSON BELOW

So When the finally com up with a fix (Assuming they will)

How do we get the phones fixed? Wil they reboot automatically, will we get a message on phone, or do we have to keep coming to the forums like bums even though we pay for monthly service we are NOT receiving due to their goof ups.

I have an LG Velvet 5G and it started this glitch crap 2 days ago and it wont make any calls, or send text messages, but it will connect to internet.  When I try to make a call it prompts me to enable Wi-Fi calling (Which I dont want )  Preferred Network is set to 5G On (5G/LTE/3G/2G)

I tried setting the Preferred Network to LTE/3G/2G  and still doesnt work. I dont want a new phone I want to keep this one so I am hoping they dont start with the whole sales tactic of saying you can upgrade your phone.

T Mobile store represetatives are useless. All they do is get your phone and start tapping around then 10 min later say “We dont know what it is, have you thought about getting another phone we can give you xxx amount off of a new one” (UPSELL)

I know more about the phone than they do. They are just there to sell you stuff under the guise of “Helping”. This phone glitching should not be happening.

I havent heard anything official from TMobile, seems like they are ignoring it hoping LG customers will just give up and go get another phone.

Well I will switch carriers on my unlocked device before I switch phones. I encourage others to switch carrier too if this is the case.  FIX THE PROBLEM!

NOT TRUE about the phones not working because they are NOT 5G capable.

This person Above just said they had a LG Velvet 5G and is having issues.  I think people need to stop trying to figure it out and let the dummies at T Mobile do what they are paid to do and wait. I think a lot of these fixes are bogus and just trying to be the person who says “look I fixed it”  WAIT, the engineers are paid to fix it, you arent. Stop giving people fake fixes. If anything all these tweaks they are doing will just cause the REAL fix to not work.

Could someone from T-Mobile support please respond to one of the questions about this topic with an update as to what we should to or when we can expect this to be fixed?

And do not tell us to call LG or say that LG will fix this.  LG said it is something T-Mobile did and whatever T-Mobile did needs to be reset back to how it was originally or to fix it.  LG cannot do anything to the T-Mobile network.  You are not fixing this, it is your issue and we are getting the runaround.

Userlevel 3

You are the exception ...I still think you work for t-mobile. It is their fault. Take out your Sim and the issue goes away

Userlevel 3

"LG IMS has stopped working" popup

AFTER 2 DAYS TRYING TO FIX, i SUCCEEDED WITH THE ‘PARTIAL FIX’ DOING THE FOLLOWING:

NOTES:

• i have two LG V20 Phones and Fix worked for both when following these steps precisely.
  • This fix is lost if you turn the WIFI back on or if phone is set to auto turn on when rebooting/turning on phone.
  • Fix was not lost once resolved by rebooting phone.
  • Fix does not seem to hinder phone operations other than WIFI must remain OFF. You can send & receive calls/texts with no popups.
  • If you need WIFI  for watching video, doing backups, etc., turn back on, but realize nuisance popup will resume and you will need to redo these below steps until T-mobile fixes the problem they caused.
  • Call your State Attorney General and insist on an investigation.

FIX

1. DO NOT FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE
  2. Turn off WIFI
  3. REBOOT PHONE (ensure WIFI didn’t restart or make it stay off in phone settings
  4. Go to settings →
  5. Apps/notifications ->
  6. App info ->
  7. Three dots ->
  8. Show System ->
  9. com-lge-ims-rcsprovider ->
  10. Storage
  11. CLEAR CACHE
  12. FORCE STOP  (After clearing CACHE)
  13. CLEAR DATA (This will not delete your texts)
  14. FORCE STOP  (After clearing DATA)
  15. Leave Settings. Popups should stop.
  16. Reboot. Popups should remain gone unless you turn WIFI back on.

T-mobile still has not addressed this massive problem publicly as of Mon May 23 10:15pm ET.. Shameful and possibly criminal.

Userlevel 1

And do not tell us to call LG or say that LG will fix this.  LG said it is something T-Mobile did and whatever T-Mobile did needs to be reset back to how it was originally or to fix it.  LG cannot do anything to the T-Mobile network.  You are not fixing this, it is your issue and we are getting the runaround.

Ur entitled to ur opinion but I was told its LG issue by supervisor so I'm just waiting hopefully it gets fixed

Userlevel 2

You are the exception ...I still think you work for t-mobile. It is their fault. Take out your Sim and the issue goes away

I am tech illiterate & I own it, earlier I was at my wits end i was in a tizzy so went to local Metro store & was told 'LG is no longer in business' but we'd be happy to sell you an upgrade' yeah RRRITE I bet. So I leave. When I got home I started looking, reading. Trying to find out what the problem was. Mind you, Im tech challenged, so I see 'app reset' & I press on it. Hadn't had pop up since.

Userlevel 2

Probably shouldn't jinx it by saying that...

Userlevel 3

I am tech illiterate & I own it, earlier I was at my wits end i was in a tizzy so went to local Metro store & was told 'LG is no longer in business' but we'd be happy to sell you an upgrade' yeah RRRITE I bet. So I leave. When I got home I started looking, reading. Trying to find out what the problem was. Mind you, Im tech challenged, so I see 'app reset' & I press on it. Hadn't had pop up since.

There is no such thing as an ‘App reset’ so uncertain what you did. A soft reset and a factory reset are extreme options but do that unless you are complete backed up ...and reports are that does not work … if you turn WIFI back on.

From your home screen, please go into Settings.

Under the Networks tab, and select Mobile Networks.

In this menu go to Access Point Names. Hit 3 dots. Hit Restore Default Settings.

You may see the option for Disable 2G and 3g.

This setting will disable 2G and 3g service on the device.

LTE enables and IMS may correct. 💯 

Leave feedback if I helped you. :)

Happy to help. 😊

•  
Userlevel 1

From your home screen, please go into Settings.

Under the Networks tab, and select Mobile Networks.

In this menu go to Access Point Names. Hit 3 dots. Hit Restore Default Settings.

You may see the option for Disable 2G and 3g.

This setting will disable 2G and 3g service on the device.

LTE enables and IMS may correct. 💯 

Leave feedback if I helped you. :)

Happy to help. 😊

•  

Doesn't have that option I have Lte/3g/2g. Mine is automatically set that way. Can't change it. Mine was set up at the store. I'm not going buy a new phone when I already bought $800 LG G8 ThinQ. Nothing is wrong with it. Can't keep buying phones when the one I have works. If we all need new phones Tmobile should compensate us to get 5G phones.

You don't have the option of restore 4g LTE under 3 dots under restore default settings? This fixes the ims popup.