Solved

"LG IMS keeps stopping"

This started on one family member’s V30 yesterday and another today.

This affects more than one LG model.

Obviously T-mobile has changed something in the network.

See this thread here:

I have tried safe-mode, Disabling mobile data. Etc, etc. including all suggested on the internet and above thread with no success.

I would advise against making any changes until an official response is issued from someone with sufficient knowledge to understand what network-wide changes were made and explain how to correct the problem or how T-mobile intends to correct the problem.

I worked this issue for more than 8 hours today!

icon

Best answer by fidget37 22 May 2022, 23:37

View original

96 replies

Userlevel 1

Have you Tried the developer options? It keeps going off on me.. Im going to look into those options now.

Hi Nash,

Yes, nothing I changed worked, and things I wanted to change were not accessible.

I’m frustrated I uninstalled and changed so many things, only having to make more changes just to get “back to zero”.

Userlevel 1

Do you think a system restore would work?

Userlevel 1

I cant find what that app even is?

Userlevel 1

its only hitting LG’s from what Im learning.

Userlevel 1

Wont work 

Userlevel 1

Tmobile is the problem. Once this is fixed. Run. 

Userlevel 1

Wont work 

Tmobile is the problem. Once this is fixed. Run. 

This started happening to me 2 hours ago on my G8 as well. First, I had no data for miles while driving across the state (where I ordinarily would). Then I restarted and began getting the LG IMS error. 

it looks like a sim card issue when i took it out it stopped

This issue just hit my wife’s phone. Did the obvious things, restart, attempt to close, disable, etc. We have identical LG phones “G7 ThinQ”.  These are Android 10 phones.  Now I’m concerned if mine will show the same issues.  I hope that this is a transient issue on T-Mobiles part.

Userlevel 1

DO NOT start resetting phones, folks. This problem just hit my LQ Q7+ out of the blue. Assume a T-Mobile problem which they should fix w/o user intervention, or w minimal intervention. I stand to be proven wrong, but I'm betting w others who think TM messed something up.

Userlevel 2

Worked on all the “fixes” all day - I woke up to the issues. Even reset to factory settings & it’s STILL happening. Now I’m just annoyed and working from laptop. But just got call from hubs - it just started on his LG phone. :/

Userlevel 1

Has anyone used USB debugging, and tried using a windows OS to change settings? That is my next move.

Userlevel 2

ok, just used the following suggestion:

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

Force stop and clear data.

This has fixed the issue for my mother’s v20.  At least for now…

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

I woke up to this message on my LG 6 phone: “Unfortunately, LG IMS has stopped.”

I have tried everything, shy of a Factory Reset.  So frustrating!  Not sure what to do, if there’s anything I can do.  

Has anyone taken their phone with this issue to a T-Mobile Store to have it checked?  If so, what did they say about it?

Userlevel 1

I just got off a chat with T-Mobile support at 4:33 pm (central time), this was their response: 

“I know how important it is to have a working phone most especially this time. As per checking here, the reported issue is from the LG and LG is already aware of this. As of the moment LG is already working closely on getting this fix the soonest the possible. We are also waiting an update form them regarding the issue.”

Same here...even tried the hidden menu in which you use the dial pad to access. The dialer would close itself after i would MAYBE get the first 3 numbers pressed…..I’m worried.

Userlevel 2

Same here...even tried the hidden menu in which you use the dial pad to access. The dialer would close itself after i would MAYBE get the first 3 numbers pressed…..I’m worried.

yep, found that hidden menu as well --- never knew that existed ;) 

Userlevel 2

I woke up to this message on my LG 6 phone: “Unfortunately, LG IMS has stopped.”

I have tried everything, shy of a Factory Reset.  So frustrating!  Not sure what to do, if there’s anything I can do.  

Has anyone taken their phone with this issue to a T-Mobile Store to have it checked?  If so, what did they say about it?

on another thread in here - i saw that several took into a store with no success

Userlevel 3

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

Go to settings → Apps/notifications -> app info -> three dots -> Show System -> com-lge-ims-rcsprovider -> storage

At least it took away the 3 second pop up notice. However, I did shut down & restart and the messaged started popping up again. So I redid the above directions and the annoying pop up message has stopped,

Worked so far on my Stylus 4. Don’t power down - gotcha. Thanks much.

Curious...is this just a problem with T-Mobile?

This started on one family member’s V30 yesterday and another today.

This affects more than one LG model.

Obviously T-mobile has changed something in the network.

See this thread here:

I have tried safe-mode, Disabling mobile data. Etc, etc. including all suggested on the internet and above thread with no success.

I would advise against making any changes until an official response is issued from someone with sufficient knowledge to understand what network-wide changes were made and explain how to correct the problem or how T-mobile intends to correct the problem.

I worked this issue for more than 8 hours today!

I've had this problem all day (8hrs). Went to a physical Tmobile. They spent 30mins working on the issue and found no solutions. Hopefully Tmobile sees everyone having the same problem and issues a fix.

Userlevel 1

SocialCatastrophe wrote:

this worked for me…  clearing the cache and data in the settings stopped the ‘every 3 second popup’…   no idea if it will survive a restart, and i don’t plan on finding out, just gonna leave my phone on for a while!!!  Thanks for the excellent insight to resolving this annoying issue !!!

I don’t know if it’s a problem caused by T-Mobile or LG as it’s normal for one firm to blame the other. However, enough is enough and someone needs to straighten out this mess and quickly.