Question

LG IMS keeps stopping

Userlevel 1
Badge

Why does this keep happening?  just started today

19 replies

Userlevel 3

Nothing wrong with your phone.  This is a T-Mobile network problem.  LG has not made any changes to their cell phone android operating system or system apps, so T-Mobile must have made a network change that caused this error to pop-up.  Push T-Mobile to correct their error.

Userlevel 1
Badge

T Mobile better fix this problem.  Phone keeps stopping.   this is ridic!!

Userlevel 1

My LG Stylo Started This Ims nonsense this morning It is driving me nuts!!!! 😠

Badge

Fix it TMobile or suffer us going elsewhere. Price competition out there is stiff. There is no time for playing games like the ones you are playing today.

Userlevel 1

Frank this is utterly ridiculous!!! Went to the store they're trying to talk me into buying a new phone this phone is less than a year old. Smh

I just got off the phone with a T-mobile rep and tmobile is saying it is an LG issue and to call them!

WTF is going on of course it's tmobile my phone hasnt updated in ages.

The LG IMS keep stopping, just started today, plz fix problem ASAP or I'm taking my business elsewhere 

this ims thing was a problem back in 2015-16.

when this started happening again,

i searched out the fixes people were using back then.

none of them worked.

my son started finding these more recent posts and I knew I wasn’t alone.

LG not making phones so…..

T-Mobile needs to address this asap

I did a reset because I thought it would fix it. I lost everything. Photos, email, contacts… I am so upset. I am going to the store to get a different phone asap! If anyone knows how to retrieve my lost items, please advise. Thanks.

Userlevel 2

The “LG IMS Keeps Stopping” popup began for us every three seconds starting yesterday.  I followed the instructions on a half-dozen YouTube videos exactly, and NONE of them worked.  Then I checked a half-dozen forums and followed all their advice (except a factory reset) and NONE of them took care of the problem.

Unfortunately, it appears that some folks on YouTube are exploiting this problem by posting “fixes” that they have not verified, because all they want is the views and the clicks.  They know that desperate users will watch the video to the end, even though it does no good.

Evidently T-Mobile changed something on Sunday that makes the LG IMS system app “stutter” (but not actually stop) every few seconds.  That is apparent because the phone can still send/receive voice calls and text messages, and “clearing the cache” and “force stopping” only works for 3 seconds before the app resets and attempts to function again -- triggering that popup message every couple of seconds!

LG has stopped selling phones, but supposedly promised support for a couple more years.  T-Mobile and LG have been quiet on the problem so far, even though it affects just about every LG phone on T-Mobile -- that could be many many thousands.

It is frustrating that the forums and YouTube are full of worthless fixes, and the minor news coverage so far says “a small number” are affected (which is not correct).

Userlevel 2

We visited the local T-Mobile retail store today.  They were very busy.  They told us that they have been flooded with LG/T-Mobile customers whose LG phones suddenly “bricked” Sunday, and the flow of customers has been increasing ever since.  Both the customers and the service technicians tried every alleged “fix” on every LG phone (they have had every LG model brought in during the past 2 days) and nothing worked.  In the end, most customers decided to purchase new 5G phones.  They told us they are selling phones so fast they are calling for more shipments, hoping they will not run out of inventory.  We were suspicious, but finally decided to purchase two new Samsung phones because we felt we have no choice.  The “help” lines are jammed at both LG and T-Mobile, so to get the latest update, consider interviewing the employees at your local T-Mobile store.  We don’t like this problem, but we cannot go without functional phones.

From your home screen, please go into Settings.

Under the Networks tab, and select Mobile Networks.

In this menu go to Access Point Names. Hit 3 dots. Hit Restore Default Settings.

You may see the option for Disable 2G and 3g.

This setting will disable 2G and 3g service on the device.

LTE enables and IMS may correct. 💯 

Leave feedback if I helped you. :)

Happy to help. 😊

Userlevel 3

THE BEST SOLUTION many have found (and easiest, which was posted by a tech on Monday night) and which allows WIFI to be turned on and RESTARTING the phone  (without the debilitating popup returning) is the following:

• Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > 3 dots > Restore Default Settings.

THE BEST SOLUTION many have found (and easiest, which was posted by a tech on Monday night) and which allows WIFI to be turned on and RESTARTING the phone  (without the debilitating popup returning) is the following:

• Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > 3 dots > Restore Default Settings.

Does this delete your pics, info, etc on the phone??

Does this erase your pics, texts, personal data, on the phone?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does not work on my LG G7 ThinQ

Userlevel 3

Does this delete your pics, info, etc on the phone??

No. It deletes nothing, but restores the default setting for the access point names which must have gotten corrupted or changed to something incompatible with LG phones during a T-mobile pushed update on Sunday morning. This will not delete any call logs or text messages either.

I had to find the fix on line (NO HELP FROM TMOBILE!) I called my “ T-Mobile team EXPERT representative” to get resolution, of course you’re speaking with someone in Asia who just gives lip service saying I was number one priority when they fix it. Asked to speak with an American (to hopefully get a more clear/honest/informed answer, but never received a call back, go figure). So went to a T-Mobile store and was told LG stopped pushing updates to their phones and I would just have to upgrade to a new phone (We have 3 of them that we bought through Tmobile). Their spring-loaded EZ answer since it’s not their money- just buy new phones.... Seems like T-Mobile should own some of this, been a customer for almost 20 years. T-MOBILE AMERICA, ARE YOU LISTENING?