Solved

LG Stylo™ 3 Plus Titan advertised factory unlocked, been 6 months still no go

• 26 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

i bought this phone online a while back, thinking i could just switch my att sim over on day one and have a phone that performs better than a toaster. boy was i wrong because despite it saying factory unlocked and actually being locked anyways (probably a scam ngl) but they have ZERO links to the conditions required. they only give input on “contact customer care” or “read the terms” which not obviously accessible. if anyone here can find those terms or better yet a actual solution, i would be oh so grateful. i don’t like tt-mobile. i will never use them. they are more expensive if i remember right. i just want to keep att and the phone number i have with them. i’ll have to get a new phone next month if i can’t use this one with att bc all i have that can use the sim is a 30 dollar gophone because my old phone broke right before buying this one.

TL;DR: man buys unlocked phone off amazon, rants on the forum for the carrier it is locked on hoping for help unlocking it.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 26 February 2021, 11:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

T-Mobile does not unlock other carrier locked devices.  You will have to reach out to AT&T to have it unlocked or try one of the many third party unlocking services online or in a cellphone repair shop or kiosk.

Badge

sorry for the confusion, however it is a metropcs phone which mind you is owned by t-mobile. i want to switch to att not from.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

T-Mobile’s unlock requirements are as follows:  SIM Unlock Policy | Unlock Your Mobile Wireless Device (t-mobile.com)

Metro’s unlock requirements are here:  Metro® by T-Mobile Phone Unlock Policy - MetroPCS.com (metrobyt-mobile.com)

Badge

thanks man, exactly what i needed. for some reason i couldn’t find it on my own.

Badge

also nice pfp i approve lol