Question

LG ThinQ Stopped Fast Charging

More of a complaint/question.

ThinQ suddenly stopped fast charging. Tried it using multiple chargers/cords, even a brand new charger and cord, still not charging right. My husband has the exact same phone, it fast charges fine no matter the charger or cord.

Called Tech support twice, both times was told if the phone itself charges, there's nothing wrong with the phone. I explained it won't fast charge in any charger or cord, so yanno it must be the phone. My husband's ThinQ fast charges, I plug my phone in and it won't. See where this is going?

tl;dr

My phone is messed up and won't fast charge, and I'm pretty sure the techs thought I was a moron (altho they weren't mean about it).

They were nice enough to humor me with a warranty claim, tho, but still.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

It's probably the USB charging port so the warranty exchange may be a good solution.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Have you tried a factory reset?

Cheap soldier used on the charging ports is a common issue with every debice made by every manufacturer.  Using a toothbrush lightly on the USB port can potentially remove any debris in the port.  A Q-Tip dipped in rubbing alcohol is a great tool to clean the contacts of the port. 

I actually did do a factory reset, and the q-tip in the port, but to no success. It's not quite "is it plugged in," but tech support might have offered the suggestions rather than "its not the phone, we can't help you, call LG."

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help 😊

Sorry you had to go through such a hassle 😥 Did you get the replacement? If so, is it fast charging?