Solved

LG V20 Text

• 20 September 2017
  • 40 replies

Badge +2

I have one contact that will not give the option to send a SCHEDULED TEXT.  As a matter of fact this one contact also does not give the option to ADD SUBJECT.  All other contacts give the option to schedule text and add subject.  I have deleted the contact and rebooted the phone at leas 3 times but it still does not show the option to schedule text and add subject.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 17 October 2017, 21:12

View original

40 replies

Badge +2

Sorry I posted this in the wrong discussion.

Userlevel 3

No worries, @aceh​! I can move this over to LG discussions for you if you like. 😊

I'm a little mystified about the reason you're not seeing the same options for this contact as you are for the rest. Do you notice anything different about the format (as in, does the number have +1 in front of it, and the other contacts don't, or vice versa)? Is this just a standard individual contact, or is there something special about this number (does it belong to a business)? Do you know what carrier this person uses -- is it possible that their messaging system doesn't give them the option to receive a scheduled text, or a message with a subject line?

- Marissa

Discussion successfully moved from LG G Discussions to LG Discussions

Userlevel 4

Just checking in here to see how things are going? Did you ever figure out what was going on with that specific contact?

Userlevel 3

Hey there, @aceh​! Just wanted to stop by and see how things were going for you. 😊

- Marissa

Badge +2

There is no change from my original post.

*edited to remove email reply content - Marissa

Userlevel 3

That's a shame! Do you mind taking a look at my original reply and letting us know a little more about the contact you're having trouble with?

- Marissa

Badge +2

Marissa,

The contact in question is also a long time T-Mobile customer.  Her phone is LG Stylo2 Plus.  There is nothing odd about the contact entry it looks the same as the other entries.

Maybe in a couple of days I will go to a T-Mobile store and ask them to take a look at it.  Will keep you posted.

Userlevel 3

Please do! It's odd that it's T-Mobile to T-Mobile. Do you know if your friend has a data plan, and/or what type of device they use? This is sort of a far-out guess, but I do believe that adding a subject forces a message as MMS; so if for some reason that's not an option for them, maybe that's why you can't create that type of message for them? I'd definitely love to hear what happens at the store if you decide to go!

- Marissa

Badge +2

She has an unlimited data plan.

Userlevel 3

Well, that answers that! Please do let us know what insight you gain from having us physically take a look at this!

- Marissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there! Just checking to see if you have any new info you'd like to let us know about. I'm curious to see what our store folks found out. Please let us know. Thanks!

Badge +2

I should get to a T-Mobile store sometime this week.  Will let you know what happens.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Awesome! Thanks for coming back and keep us updated.

Userlevel 4

Just wanted to check in and see if there were any updates! 😊

-Lauren

Userlevel 3

Hi, @aceh​! We haven't heard from you in a bit, so we just wanted to see how things were going. Were you able to squeeze a trip to the store into your schedule?

- Marissa

Badge +2

This is strange!  I was about to go to a T-Mobile store but before leaving I decided to check the contact and it displayed the option "schedule sending" and the other options that were missing.  Now at 6:30 PM CST, I checked the contact again and it's back to not showing the option.  I didn't do anything special this morning when the "schedule sending" was back.

Userlevel 3

That's very strange indeed! Did you happen to check any other contacts at that time or now? Was there any difference in your network connection between then and now?

- Marissa

Badge +2

I check other contacts this morning and thing evening and they all work fine.  It's just that one contact.

Userlevel 3

Ah, shoot. I was hoping that maybe there was some clue we could find in the circumstances surrounding this (brief) change in the status of the issue. If it's back to to stubbornly preventing a message to the other user, then I'd say it's still worth having looked into by a support team. If there still doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for this happening with this single contact on your end, we may need to actually examine the issue on their end. A scheduled message or a message with a subject line would be treated as an MMS, so it might help to know if they've been having any difficulty receiving these types of messages from other users.

- Marissa

Badge +2

I'll have to make that trip to the T-Mobile store because this is confusing.

Userlevel 3

I definitely agree. Please keep us posted!

- Marissa

Badge +2

Will do. Thanks for the concern.

Userlevel 3

How are things going for you, @aceh​? Did you have a chance to stop by the store yet?

- Marissa

Badge +2

Not yet.  It will likely be sometime the end of this week or weekend.

Badge +2

Another glitch to think about.  I recently noticed that when I reboot my phone, the problem goes away, but sometime later it comes back.  I'm trying to see how long and how I use the phone before the problem comes back.