Solved

LG V30 Official Pie

Show first post

127 replies

Really disappointment that it's taking them so long. I don't know what would take them to bring updated kernel to most popular 2017 smarthone hardware? That couldn't be appropriate reason. Most of the flagman phones from 2017 already on Pie with all issues already resolved with small updates. So, this is nothing but pushing people to buy new phones and spending more $.

I've had V30 only because of dac but still use TheBit Oppus#2 for music most of the time. So, next phone would be something unlocked even it has to 3.5 jack and probably on prepaid service.

Badge

Last update was in March.  Can you imagine if our desktop computers did this?  This update system is broken for phones and really needs a complete overhauling.

I guess the only ones I have heard that do it right are iPhone if you want to go to apple land (and get a second mortgage) or Google Pixel to stay on android.  Disappointing as I have liked LG devices for a while now.  LG has been decent hardware at a a decent price (if you get a deal).  The update schedule though is just terrible.

Completely Unacceptable LG-T-mobile!

I paid 600.00+ for this V30 thru T-mobile and was "promised" timely updates.

I can NO longer use my phone at work due to the lack of Security Updates. My corp. IT dept. does not allow phones to

gain access to corp. info if the security updates are more than 4 months past.

Really terrible customer service and Lies.

May I say that The LG G6 sold in European Countries is getting the Pie Update NOW!

September 24

https://www.mylgphones.com/european-lg-g6-h870-gets-android-9-0-pie-update.html

I was able to get a Pixel 3A XL for about $400 from T-Mobile. This solves

the problem of needed security updates for sure. My LG V30 sits at home

collecting dust since it's useless with my work account.... Never will I

waste money on anything LG. Pixel is the way to go for timely security

updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have a V30 and who promise you timely updates?

I got a card in the box with my V30 from LG but nothing said timely updates.

Yeah, the problem here isn't that Oreo is unstable, or anything like that, but a lot of us use our phones for work.  The V30 was supposed to be part of the Android Enterprise program, which promised updates for two years, yet here we are.  This is upsetting because the hardware keeps up, and the battery has held up extremely well.

Android – Android Enterprise Recommended

The V30 is part of that program, and we're supposed to get security updates within 90 days.

LG V30 H930DS even got an update to Pie in HongKong, Turkey and many other countries..

SMS:[Feature]<br>- Android OS Upgrade<br>- Phone usability and functionality has been further improved.

The quick updates came from their infamous "Software Update Center" this

was a groundbreaking move for LG about 2 years ago. They said with this,

updates would come quickly.... Nothing has changed and really it feels

worse now. It's horrible how long they take to push an update out.

Badge +1

We're discussing the V30 in this thread... @magenta6552471

Hello, everyone,

LG V30 H933 is getting Pie Update in Canada.

https://www.mylgphones.com/canada-lg-v30-h933-received-android-9-0-update.html

Yes, I know.

Today, LG released Pie Update for LG V30 in Canada, LG G6 in European COuntries and LG Q7 Q7 plus in South Korea.

LG is doing things,

We should not blame LG,

It is T-mobile who delay the Pie Update...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

So it's an LG promise.

normn3116 wrote:

Android – Android Enterprise Recommended

The V30 is part of that program, and we're supposed to get security updates within 90 days.

Appears that way, and on most all other versions of the V30, 9.0 has been released.

Badge +1

Yes.  Canada, Germany, France, Spain, UK, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Israel, India, South Africa, Taiwan, Australia... it goes on and on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That's why it's my last LG flagship phone I'll buy.

normn3116 wrote:

Appears that way, and on most all other versions of the V30, 9.0 has been released.

Sadly, I think we can agree on that.  A bummer too, because the hardware is nice, but if you want timely updates, Pixel or OnePlus seems to be the way to go.

Hey T-Mobile reps, any ETA on when Pie update is releasing for LG V30? Every other carrier has announced some news on it or released their OTA update already, but T-Mobile is silent. The customer deserves to know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It appears Sprint in getting the July security patch but no Pie.

Sorry if someone already brought this up.

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/08/29/lg-v30-thinq-august-security-update-rolls-out-sprint-variant-gets-july-patch/

Meanwhile, those using the LG V30 on Sprint can only make do with July 2019 security patches for now. The update weighs 198.5MB, which implies that it bundles the usual bug fixes and performance improvements.

Badge +1

Verizon has it, fer crissake.  Verizon.

Badge +1

And now three *different* carriers in Canada, WITH the September patch!

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/09/25/lg-v30-android-pie-9-0-update-goes-live-on-canadas-rogers-bell-telus-videotron-include…

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Unfortunately Verizon usually gets updates faster.

Hey there everyone, appears as though U.S. Cellular's getting the update now as well.  I'm thinking, based on the price reveal today, I may switch over to the OP 7T...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Don't buy an LG.