Solved

LG V30 Official Pie

The official Pie version for the V30 is out now, and will the Tmobile team will provide the Pie update for the LG V30 or not?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 22 July 2019, 19:32

View original

127 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Gramps28's reply is spot on! He knows his stuff!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

That I have no idea. I am in my late 60s. I use my phone mainly to play mp3s in my vehicles and any device that takes Bluetooth. I do have Pie in my V30, and from what I have seen the phone seems to work better. I really have some concerns about the T-Mobile app that prepaid customers don't have access.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Personally , I don't see the V30 going past Pie but I do hope for 1-2 more security updates till my phones are paid off, finger crossed.

As for the Android Enterprise that's a Google initiative not a manufacturer's one.The only lines of phones I see getting 3

years of updates are the Google phones and possibly the OnePlus line

If you look at the release and what phones are in it most are already DOA or will be when it comes to updates.

Google launches Android phone recommendation program for businesses - The Verge

My question is how much longer will LG and T-Mobile continue updating this phone. I presume we should expect security updates for a while longer, but I wonder if it will ever see Android 10. Android Enterprise says 3 years of updates for this phone, and Android 10 is out, but given how long it took to get Pie, I wonder. Android 10 is supposed to distribute security updates through the play store. It would be very good to get to that, since LG and T-Mobile haven't been so good at getting out timely updates.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I just installed 9.0 in my V30! Now, the $640,000 question: When will T-Mobile's prepaid accounts (the step-children) have COMPLETE access to the T-Mobile app?

I got mine Tuesday, OTA. I hadn't been notified yet, so I went into settings and used "check for updates". It downloaded right away.  All good so far, no issues.

It looks like it was mainly LG holding this up.  After Pie started appearing overseas in July, it was apparently pulled due to bugs.

Some internet searching shows US carriers releasing it recently.  First reported dates:

Verizon:September 14
US Cellular: September 26
AT&T: October 2
T-Mobile: October 7
Sprint: Not released yet

Just got the update today.. finally!

I just got it OTA!!!

Badge +1

It's out!  I got mine via LG Bridge, but I'm also seeing reports that some are getting it OTA.

Badge +1

Yes!  It's on LG Bridge, I updated this morning!  Hooray, finally!

Hello everyone.

Pie Update now available.

Can not post links here, Currently being moderated.

just visit mylgphones dot com, You will see the firmware

Good news, T-mobile LG V30 ThinQ gets Android 9.0 Pie Update!

https://www.mylgphones.com/t-mobile-lg-v30-thinq-gets-android-9-0-pie-update.html

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

v3kt0r wrote:

Guys, "testing bloatware", really It already tested numerous timesThis phone just reached it's two years. This is just tactics to push us on getting new phones and spend more $. I think those big companies estimate that we would buy at least a one new phone every year. Tmobile is a part of this game. Since V30 is two years old it's not in first position for latest updates.

That is totally LG's MO, to push people into buying their newest phones.  They even fail at that by releasing new phones with already outdated versions of Android.  The V30 being a prime example.  Released on Dec. 2017 in the U.S. with Android 7 when Android 8 was already out.  If timely updates are important to you, stay away from LG.

Yes, it has been 2 years since launch, but only about 1 1/2 years since I bought mine. 

The industry does stop supporting phones eventually, but this is too soon. Mine isn't even paid off yet. Back in comment 92 I pointed out that this phone is "Android Enterprise Recommended" with updates guaranteed for 3 years (it seems this may be Google's statement though, it's not clear if LG and T-Mobile have to honor this).  This is better than my last phone, a Virgin Mobile prepaid that received no updates at all.  I hoped for better with a postpaid plan and flagship phone.  I just recently bought my V30 a big microSD card, because I was filling up its 64G, and I hope to keep using it for at least another year or more. It's newer than the phones many people I know use. The phone is still good, with all the performance I need. It's a pity if I have to stop using it because it doesn't have security patches.

The whole electronic industry has too much of a problem with premature obsolescence. I had to throw out a perfectly good printer because it wasn't supported with device driver updates, and a computer OS update left it not working. Apps on my TV and an online streaming box both stopped working after a couple of years when the app owners stopped supporting them.  The hardware is still good, but if I want all the functionality they originally had I have to replace them with a newer model.

I'm going to lose work email access at the end of the month unless T-Mobile gives me an update (which they don't let me easily do on my own).  If that happens I'll probably still keep the phone for now, and lose the convenience of checking email without my computer.

Guys, "testing bloatware", really 😊 It already tested numerous timesThis phone just reached it's two years. This is just tactics to push us on getting new phones and spend more $. I think those big companies estimate that we would buy at least a one new phone every year. Tmobile is a part of this game. Since V30 is two years old it's not in first position for latest updates.

yes that article was "Spot On" . lack of updates and customers left in the dark.

Im am back to using my moto E5 (non t-mobile) (since it has recent security patches) I am able to use it in my work place.

I wish I can withdraw my first post.

Just my guess, T-mobile needs more time to test the T-mobile's bloatware.

It is easy to convert Sprint or AT&T LG V30 into a European Model with LGUP, But it is not possible to convert T-mobile's Variants.

Because T-mobile and LG are using a different way (or Different RSA signature) to keep their bloatware safe from CRACK.

T-mobile uses an APP called SIM-UNLOCK to unlock the network lock, But this has been cracked by a Russian company that can easily unlock the network lock now.

1. Update not available yet.
  2. Kernel source code has been available for a while
  3. T-mobile will push the Update, No one knows exactly when we can get the Pie Update.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1

magenta6552471 wrote:

piunikaweb is nothing but sh*****t.

they just copy contents from twitter, reddit, and this fourm, everyting is we alrady know.

Maybe so, I've actually never even heard of this website.  Article seemed pretty spot on though. Wouldn't you agree?

piunikaweb is nothing but sh*****t.

they just copy contents from twitter, reddit, and this fourm, everyting is we alrady know.

piunikaweb.com/2019/10/04/t-mobile-lg-v30-android-pie-9-0-update-heres-what-we-know-so-far/

Article blasting t-mobile and LG today on updates.

I will try and find the link.

go to piunikaweb  and look on front page you will find it

A not too flattering article on T-mobile and LG for V30 updates and general phone support:

LG and t-mobile only hurting themselves with poor image

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/10/04/t-mobile-lg-v30-android-pie-9-0-update-heres-what-we-know-so-far/

I was just about to post this same story, I read it on Google 9to5. So we are officially at risk if T-mobile doesn't release the Pie update to us. Smh❕❕❕

There's now a security exploit that takes full control of your Android device and grants a hacker unauthorized access to your files from a remote location. One of the devices vulnerable to this exploit is LG Oreo Devices.

Attackers exploit 0-day vulnerability that gives full control of Android phones | Ars Technica

Pretty much every other major carrier has fixed this security exploit days or weeks ago by releasing their Pie update already. Meanwhile T-Mobile is 7 months behind on security updates. T-Mobile is bringing a gigantic security risk to everyone who owns their LG V30 H932 model currently. It would be in T-Mobiles best interest to hurry up releasing this update or else they put their own customers in jeopardy.