Solved

LG V40 Pie Update

How long is this testing phase going to take? Was really hoping that you guys would beat the other carriers to the update but maybe second place isn't so bad.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 26 May 2019, 13:58

Updates do not come from the carriers.  The device manufacturer is responsible for delivering all updates for their devices.  You might want to ask your question on LG's forum.

View original

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Updates do not come from the carriers.  The device manufacturer is responsible for delivering all updates for their devices.  You might want to ask your question on LG's forum.

Yes they do - or did Verizon get it earlier? The Verizon LG V40s tarted receiving  the update the 24th.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Verizon just released it.

LG is Finally Pushing a Pie Update in the US: Verizon’s V40 ThinQ – Droid Life

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As the article that gramps mentions, LG pushed it for Verizon.  They work on an update for one carrier at a time.

Understand individual LG phone models have different builds (with security patches released MONTHLY from Google) but are you saying here the Verizon LM-V405UAB was released and supported by LG

LG has already provided the update to T-Mobile, it's currently undergoing the carrier testing phase which is why the OP is asking here how long it generally takes them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It's in the testing stage so it my guess is June since LG said it would be rolled out by

the end of Q2 2019.

Community-2444

Userlevel 5

Great questions!

Testing doesn't have a finite time-line, it's typically based on if any issues are found, how quick the manufacturer resolves anything found, and if anything needs additional polish.

If there's no hiccups, testing is typically only a few weeks!

-Lauren

Whoops.  Latest status showed development?

Yeah just changed today.

It seems to be ready, but it's not on the page at all right now. In your phone you can check if it's out on LG's website by clicking "more information on last update" or something along that.

Update: seems to be back to step 1...

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

From what I read several minutes ago the V30 is to get the Pie update, too. I just got the OREO less than a month ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Late June or July is usually the time frame for LG's latest updates for their devices.  LG might not be anything close to first out the door with their updates, buty experience with the V30 is that thise updates came fairly bug-free and polished.  LG's UI is nice for a modified stock feel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Oreo came out for the V30 last year in mid May but stopped a couple of days later but restarted

a couple of weeks later so I'm expecting Pie will be released  around syaoran's timeline.

Now AT&T just got the update for the V40.

Looks like U.S. Cellular is next

Let's see how long it takes them to release from it showing up on their servers. I didn't see if the latest security update was released.

So now the unlocked version is getting the update ota, and TMobile is still in development. This is ridiculous. Does anyone at tmobile have any information at all or do you guys just get a paper that says sorry we don't know anything

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Feel free to contact LG for the best answer.  Only they know when they will push the update.  They might be able to give you a guesstimate but final testing once T-Mobile bloats it out is on LG before the push.

Well now the v40 is getting Pie in all of Europe and every carrier in the US has delivered except Sprint and T Mobile.

Just got the update

Badge

Downloading my update..

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thanks for the update. I have a V30, and it's suppose to get the update, too.

Does this mean we're developers? 😀

I just got the update and it's updating right now on my T-Mobile V40.