Solved

LG-V521 needs old Google Account info after Reset

• 26 February 2018
  • 5 replies

I have an LG V521 that still wants previous google account info after completing a hard reset.  Is there a message tablet should display to confirm device reset has been done?  One place said to have battery strength greater than 50%.  I am fully charging this device and will try reset steps again.  Thanks.  Theresa

icon

Best answer by theartiszan 28 February 2018, 23:40

This is actually a device protection boltb into Android to help prevent theft. When a master reset is done through the buttons there are protections in place that require you to sign into the same account that was previously used in it. You will need to recover the account that was used in it before and sign in with that account and it will let you in.

This feature is called "factory reset protection" or "frp" for short.

View original

5 replies

That is super strange. If you are attempting to do a factory reset and it is still asking for that information, I am not sure that the reset is actually going through. Are you attempting to reset the device the setting menu or using the hardware buttons?

This is actually a device protection boltb into Android to help prevent theft. When a master reset is done through the buttons there are protections in place that require you to sign into the same account that was previously used in it. You will need to recover the account that was used in it before and sign in with that account and it will let you in.

This feature is called "factory reset protection" or "frp" for short.

Wow, good call out @theartiszan​ I did not actually know about this. Do you know in the case of this G-Pad that it Android OS based or is it from the OEM?

It was on pretty much all devices since Android 5.1.1

I don't personally own that one but from everything I'm finding, it looks like it does.

The only solution without previous Google account is to contact LG

technical support & send tablet in to LG for a memory flash. Proof of

purchase is required with a clean IMEI not flagged by carrier. FedEx

shipping + $42 est payment to LG.