Solved

LG V60 Android 11 update

• 3 February 2021
  • 29 replies

Badge

A week ago, there was buzz on the internet regarding the LG V60 Android 11 update, with a T-Mobile rep saying the update would start being pushed out on the 22nd. So what happened? The device page says its still in testing phase, how long does it take to test a phone, and when can we reasonably expect the V60 to get Android 11? This is beyond crazy that a modern phone made by a modern company, and sold by a modern company cant get timely updates. Its frustrating.

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 10 March 2021, 20:14

Our Android Software Updates page houses the devices and their status for Android 11. Not seeing this device listed there so this one might not get the update.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

29 replies

Dear Valued LG Customer

We appreciate that you have taken the time to send us a message about your LG LMV600TM mobile phone, Mr. Rider. We are all united by one single desire to value our customers and to make sure that all of you can use your LG product to the fullness of its capabilities, I will be glad to help you today.

In the pursuance of providing LG mobile users the most updated software and features, releasing Android 11 to different LG devices that will be compatible to the software will definitely be taken into consideration.

However, this update would still be discussed by LG, Google Android, and the network carrier as we work system-to-system with them to update the software. Also, since this would require a lot of testing to make sure it will run smoothly and not cause any glitches on the device and to ensure that it will be compatible both hardware and currently installed apps; we can’t commit to an actual release date. I hope you understand. We’ll keep you posted as we receive information about this update, though. And we already raised this to the attention of our Software Team since various comments and suggestions were also received regarding this so that they can make sure to include the LG LMV600TM device in considering for Android 11 update. You may also visit T-Mobile's website once in a while at https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/software-updates/lg-v60-thinq-5g-update-to-android-11 for information which will be posted once available.

We highly appreciate you contacting us about this matter and we hope that you will be able to utilize your LG product to the full extent.

I hope I have provided all the information and wish it has been helpful in addressing your query. It has been a pleasure to help you out to the best of my knowledge and my skills.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again via Email, Live Chat, or Phone by calling 1-800-793-8896 which is available from Monday to Sunday between 7 a.m to 12 a.m. CST.

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics!

Sincerely,
Abby

LG V60 will probably not see Android 11. LG V70 will have android 11

Very unlikely there will be a V70.  The mobile unit of LG is going under and it has been reported there is a Vietnamese company that is interested in buying them.

Very unlikely there will be a V70.  The mobile unit of LG is going under and it has been reported there is a Vietnamese company that is interested in buying them.

Yes LG will be releasing the V70 soon. It's not as big or heavy as the V60 and it's still dual screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

the V60 will be getting 11...just unsure as to when..

the V70 being smaller and less heavy is a godsend..especially for those that actually use the dual screen set up..i gave up on it pretty much due to the weight addition...gotta wear a cinched down belt AND suspenders to rock that thing in your pocket lol

Yes LG will be releasing the V70 soon. It's not as big or heavy as the V60 and it's still dual screen.

Rumors from the fall.  Nothing official from LG.  If you have something directly from LG please provide a link.

Its not LG's fault, they Released the update early to Tmobile, now Tmobile will delay the process by testing it and adding their stupid apps.. If the phone was the global version, the update would have been released by LG already 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

There are perfectly good reasons to delay an update.  Android 11 changes some important stuff, like how WiFi Calling works to some degree.  5G DSS, carrier aggregation, and SA versus NSA implementations all need some time to be optimized and implemented correctly.  If you don’t have the patience to wait on updates.  Then LG should have been at the bottom of your list!  Most previous models never saw a major OS update until June or July of the year after they were released and that was purely LG’s fault.  Be thankful you don’t have to wait until then.

V60 will 100% see 11 and most likely 12 as well. It's in testing phase, and usually releases quite soon after they enter testing phase. Hold tight people!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

V60 will 100% see 11 and most likely 12 as well. It's in testing phase, and usually releases quite soon after they enter testing phase. Hold tight people!

the rumor is around the 25th ish..but as most rumors take it with a grain of salt..LG usually kicks out at least 2 large OS updates in one of their devices lifetime..i dont see that ending anytime soon and last i remembered it has only received one large OS update so far.

I’m surprised no one at T-Mobile or LG has offered Beta Testing to users who would be willing to tell them what bugs there are on their phones.  Afterall, we can’t unlock the bootloader and put whatever ROM we like that would play nice with T-Mobile’s network.

I like the service, I just hate the bloatware!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I’m surprised no one at T-Mobile or LG has offered Beta Testing to users who would be willing to tell them what bugs there are on their phones.  Afterall, we can’t unlock the bootloader and put whatever ROM we like that would play nice with T-Mobile’s network.

Check out the XDA forum then for the V60.  I’m sure someone over there has found a way to unlock the bootloader and flash it.  T-Mobile’s models though usually have a different RSA Key than other carrier firmware though, so be careful.  Flashing a firmware with the wrong RSA Key to the device will brick it.  

You could also use ADB to debloat the device.  I did with my V30.  LG’s commitment to preloading crap no one wants is incredibly strong!  

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

i have had worse devices with way more bloat on them than the LG line..usually as soon as im logged in and all set up on my new device i go through and disable any apps i could care less to have running at any point in the background etc..minus the ones i know are linked in to how the device runs..mainly game apps etc. that i’ll more than likely never use.

Check out the XDA forum then for the V60.  I’m sure someone over there has found a way to unlock the bootloader and flash it.  T-Mobile’s models though usually have a different RSA Key than other carrier firmware though, so be careful.  Flashing a firmware with the wrong RSA Key to the device will brick it.  

You could also use ADB to debloat the device.  I did with my V30.  LG’s commitment to preloading crap no one wants is incredibly strong!  

I do follow XDA Developers as Wolfhawke and I have been around there since the Mio PDA and the HTC TYTN II (aka the AT$T Tilt 8925), and the Sidekick ruled as top of the line smart devices.

Unfortunately NONE of the US Variants are bootloader unlockable.  Only the European unlocked version will work.  There have been attempts left, right and sideways none work.  I believe it to be a carrier software restriction on the Bootloader and less an LG one.  We have Dev Options, which is good...but an unlockable bootloader with full Fastboot and access to recovery and system would be even better.

My LG V60 just received the Android 11 update yesterday. It is working great with no problems yet. 

Badge +1

My LG V60 just received the Android 11 update yesterday. It is working great with no problems yet. 

So I read that some people already don't like the Tmo V60 11 update? I guess that 11 has a issue with SD card or portable storage & something else with status bar in apps? I'll see if I can find the links referring to these things.

But I guess I'm debating if I should update my Tmo V60 to android 11? Also is it true that after a update you should factory reset your phone for best performance? Thanks Ron.  

I don't have any of those problems showing up on my V60 after the update, I did not have to factory reset the phone as of yet. Seems to be working great. I still have a love/hate relationship with the in-screen fingerprint reader. I sure wish they would have put face unlock on this phone.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

So I read that some people already don't like the Tmo V60 11 update? I guess that 11 has a issue with SD card or portable storage & something else with status bar in apps? I'll see if I can find the links referring to these things.

But I guess I'm debating if I should update my Tmo V60 to android 11? Also is it true that after a update you should factory reset your phone for best performance? Thanks Ron.  

no issues here either..there are some noticeable changes though..notifications included.  aside from things like the volume levels looking different im not seeing any other drastic changes that just up and pop out at you so far.

I got the update over the weekend and noticed the fingerprint reader was more responsive initially.  Today I found that when an incoming call comes in the phone does not light up or offer a way to answer the call. It just rings.  I have to wake it up and unlock it normally as if there is no call then it still doesn't indicate an incoming call.  Even going into the phone app it still acts as though there is no call.  But after the ringing stops I get a missed call notification. I was using Google phone app so I uninstalled it and restarted the phone to see if that helps and noticed then the fingerprint reader doesn't read at all now and still can't answer incoming calls using stock app. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

did you jump into the play store to see if any other things are needing updated? might as well start there in case its something as simple as non compatibility now that its at a higher OS level.

I did that right after updating figuring apps may need updating for the new os. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

im trying to remember if i have made/received any calls since the update kicked to me on Saturday. i know i have made a few calls but for the life of me cant remember if i have received any while the screen was off..i know i have ran into a issue (prior to this last OS update) where the always on wasnt working and i would have to double click the screen button to get it to wake up (tapping the screen wouldnt wake it up) but that was pretty random for me...and zero idea on why..it would start up and stick around for maybe a hour or so then start working perfectly fine again.

side question..are you running the dual screen set up or running it as a normal phone?

i have the dual screen but lately have just been running normal. i doubt the dual screen would have an effect on this. I did notice while connected to bluetooth in car I got the call notification and options there. but not the phone . its screen was black

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

i had call/text issues last night but i have a feeling it was wifi calling (WFC) issues..turned wifi off then back on and everything rolled in again.

Apparently they didn’t take long enough to test Android 11 on the LG V60 because I got the update today and there are some problems.

The first one I noticed is the that the app Top War Battle Game will not open on the device any longer. I’ve tried everything I know how to do to get it to open but after the initial splash screen it force closes.

The second issue I’ve noticed is before the update I have hardly installed anything on my device and never had a problem with space. Now, after uninstalling the app Top War Battle Game I couldn’t even re-install it without deleting some other apps because I got a message saying I was low on space and needed to clear some things out.  

I’m not even sure who I should contact about these issues.

Anybody have any advice?