Solved

LG v60 Thinkq (dual screen): Speakerphone cutting off

Show first post

65 replies

From reading messages in this forum, it appears that neither LG nor T-Mobile care enough to address these issues. I believe adequate and reasonable time has already been given, but no satisfactory response has been provided. When I called LG Tech Support the other day, I was given a scripted response that I could ship in my phone for repair. The uneducated Tech Support Rep failed to understand that it is not just my phone, rather it is a flaw in the phone's software/hardware. When I suggested to look at this forum, the Rep responded like a robot ans repeated that I could ship it in for a "repair."

Question: Is it time to seek legal advice and put both LG and T-Mobile on notice?

Thank you

I just want to add my voice to this speaker issue.  I bought mine at Costco last week and have been experiencing the call and speaker cut-off that you have been describing.  I still have one more week to return this phone.  So, I will be keeping a keen eye on this forum.  Thank you to all of those that have contacted LG and t-Mobile.  Let's hope they have a good and prompt solution soon.

I have the same exact problem.  Do not get this phone.  It get's worse over time.  You can never use the speaker phone option.  This is a major bug that renders this phone useless.  LG should have not ignore this. 

I couldn't agree more! There's been no support from T-Mobile or LG.

I am not sure if this is an acceptable response given the magnitude of this particular issue as reflected here. Owners of this LG Model V60 deserve a more active and worthy response.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I did hear back. Right now, we'd like folks to not use the speakerphone if you have issues or use a Bluetooth device. If that changes in the future, we'll keep you updated on other next steps. My apologies folks, but we'll keep everyone in the know.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Sorry everyone's having trouble this. I'm working with my internal folks. Haven't heard any news about an update, but I'm looking onto that as an option. I'll keep folks posted with what I find. Thanks everyone.

Badge

I also have been experiencing the same issue while carrying a conversation on speaker phone, the phone will mute itself and I'll have to switch back to regular mode to finish my conversation. I 100% believe that this is a LG software issue that LG Needs to address. I say that because this is my second LG V60, my first one I had, I dropped it and  I didn't have a case on it and the rear glass shattered but that phone also had muting issues while I was using the speaker, it would also mute in the middle of a call. Fortunately I had insurance on the phone, the insurance company sent me a brand new, still in the box device. It was not a refurbished phone at all, it was 100% brand new. I have tried everything, turning it on and off, turning  it on and off while plugged in to the power outlet. I've tried a hard reboot unplugged, I've tried to hard reboot while still plugged in to the power outlet. I've cleared the caches to every single app, I've used the cleaning software that's preloaded on the phone multiple times. Nothing works. So if your phone works perfectly fine with the exception of the speakerphone, I suggest that you do not return it for a replacement because I guarantee the next LG V60 you receive will have this exact same issue with the speakerphone. This is a software issue, 100%, that only LG can correct with a software update, hopefully.

I tried the Safe Mode a couple of times and it didn't make a difference. I also contacted LG and received some long answers, but no useful info about a real fix.

We have 2 LG V60's and we have the speaker cutting out on both.  Working from home, using speaker phone is critical and it a real problem.  I've called Tmobile and LG.  LG told me to turn up the volume! Other than that the only thing I can do is to mail  the phone in and they can look at it. I can't be with out a phone for weeks.  I asked them where I could post an issue that many users were having for their software people could look into and they said there wasn't any place I could do it. Very frustrating!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If you can go into Safe Mode (check info for your phone), you can test if it's the phone (or new update) OR if it's some errant settings.

I don't have this issue with the speaker phone but I couldn't find a post with my problem. My phone keeps glitching in a way that I appears to shut off but simply goes into black screen. I see the thumb print reader but I can't get into my phone. Eventually after 20 minutes or so it will start working properly. Now it's happening even more frequently. And I can't even call tech support.

Yeah T-Mobile customer service is pretty much worthless. I guarantee

they'll say they have never heard of this. I have called in 8 to 10 times

and they still tell me that every time.

It's still happening multiple times a day and is very annoying.  I noticed that the problem has not happened on other apps using video calls so maybe it is a software issue with the preinstalled caller app.  My next step is to call T-mobile customer care and open a service ticket.  I'm doubtful that customer service will be able help.

The same thing was happening with my phone. I couldn't find any solution. As much as I liked the phone, I returned it on Buyer's Remorse and got the OnePlus 8.

We got the BOGO and both of us are having the same issue. I have not experienced it on zoom calls and I am doing about 6-8 hours a week of those in my phone but every single time I am on a speaker call I am talking and get a hello, are you there? The speaker stops working I have to turn off speaker and go back on. It's very inconvenient.

After I did the factory reset, I just logged in with my Gmail address and

did a install from a saved backup. I'm not sure if that would apply any

save settings or not.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Did you save and re-apply your old settings? That could still be a problem if an errant app changed any settings and you saved them.

Yeah the first two times I had the issue I had done an LG transfer from my

old device to my new device. Then I decided to try a factory reset and do a

clean install and I still have the issue

There is a parallel thread here at TMo and I think the last reply answers your question.

V60 ThinQ Dual Screen: Phone goes to mute while on speaker

>> BUT... the other phone has the mic cutting out during calls when the speaker phone is working. I have gone through and did a factory reset and kept all the extra "phone/mic" apps off of it and have this problem.

FYI, there are also a few threads at reddit about this issue and with similar info, eg same behavior and no fix.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I checked out the solution on that LG forum. Has anyone transferred apps from a previous phone to their V60? If so, have you tried removing those apps and seeing if the speaker still cuts off?

I have been on the phone with them a couple times now and I have tried those steps multiple times as well. It hasn't worked for me. they also said that they had never heard of this issue before it which I tend to not believe.

I tried the clear data steps mentioned above on my phone only and it has happened once in three days which is an improvement but it is not a fix.

I have twice tried the settings from clred94 over the last week or so, and maybe they helped for awhile, but in both cases, the problem came back. At this point, I'd say that they don't work. Has anyone else found that they are a permanent fix?

I also tried disabling the 5G mode, but that didn't help either.

FYI, here is a link to a similar thread at LG that has gone nowhere.

Why does the speakerphone cut off on it's own — LG Community Forum

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Have you tried the steps mentioned? Please let us know if they work. Thanks.