Question

Missing Android 11 update on Unlocked Verizon Galaxy Note 10+ on T-Mobile network

• 27 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

We have 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ phones that are unlocked from Verizon that we have been using on T-Mobile for over a year.

Everyone else I know with the same phone on T-Mobile has been given the Android 11 update, but our 2 phones remain on the previous android versions and upon manual scanning -- No update is available.

Can anyone explain to me why this is? The testing phase has been complete for awhile!

4 replies

In such cases, I suggest you either reach out to UBreakIFix for a flash with new version or you could also talk to TMB tech service, but I would just take it to UBreakIFix…

BUT before you go, you will want to backup your phone to either Google Drive or Samsung Cloud. Even better if you can move the phone’s files to your personal computer.

If you have Samsung Pass and other similar features setup, then re-setting up the phone won’t be too hard.

Or before you resolve to flashing the device, you could ask TMobile and see if there is another way without flashing.

Badge

In such cases, I suggest you either reach out to UBreakIFix for a flash with new version or you could also talk to TMB tech service, but I would just take it to UBreakIFix…

BUT before you go, you will want to backup your phone to either Google Drive or Samsung Cloud. Even better if you can move the phone’s files to your personal computer.

If you have Samsung Pass and other similar features setup, then re-setting up the phone won’t be too hard.

Or before you resolve to flashing the device, you could ask TMobile and see if there is another way without flashing.

Yep, I ended up flashing both phones with the September 21 update.

Absolutely ridiculous that us consumers are having to manually flash our own devices to get updates that have been out for months.

Shame on T-Mobile honestly… Ive never had to go through this much trouble to update my phone.

Verizon always did it so effortlessly.

Guess I will consider this if I ever switch carriers again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Absolutely ridiculous that us consumers are having to manually flash our own devices to get updates that have been out for months.

Shame on T-Mobile honestly… Ive never had to go through this much trouble to update my phone.

i would hope they would be able to do it so effortlessly...its their carrier variant after all..

which mind you...you now have a Verizon variant device on a different carriers network..even though its over here its STILL a Verizon variant. if memory serves you would have to flash the TMO info onto those phones in order for them to pull in the TMO updates.

Badge

i would hope they would be able to do it so effortlessly...its their carrier variant after all..

which mind you...you now have a Verizon variant device on a different carriers network..even though its over here its STILL a Verizon variant. if memory serves you would have to flash the TMO info onto those phones in order for them to pull in the TMO updates.

My phones are the SM-N975U1 models, which are the the samsung sim unlocked variants, not the verizon variants, I say “from Verizon” because thats the carrier we came from.

When I switched the Tmobile software was downloaded and my CSC code is correct, my APN networks are all correct. I have since not gotten one update over the air.

Whatever the issue was, its 2021. Streamline this crap or don’t offer to serve unlocked devices on your network!