Question

MMS with20 or more recipients

• 26 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

What chat app works with T-Mobile that will allow me to reply to group message with 20 or more recipients.  I’ve tried a few and none of them have worked.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you mean, SMS/MMS chat. Android Messages.  If that isn't what you mean, then I would say Discord. 

Badge

I searched Android Messages in the app store and that was not found.  I did find Messages by Google, which that is one of the apps that I’ve tried and still could not reply/send group messages when there were over 20 recipients

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Messages by Google is Android Messages. almost positive once you have that many recipients it must go through a different route like email to sms.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

What chat app works with T-Mobile that will allow me to reply to group message with 20 or more recipients.  I’ve tried a few and none of them have worked.

If a 3rd party app is used to try and circumvent recipient 20+ restriction, the MMSC will reject the attempt. Only the default client is permitted to be used for generating messages.

Group MMS recipient limit is 20. If you need to broadcast repetitively to a larger recipient audience, the industry solution is to seek out a 10DLC, short code, or toll-free solution. For more information, please review this link.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/consumer-versus-non-consumer-text-messaging