My LG V60 screen has a life of its own when on a call. anyone else experiencing this?

• 22 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am experiencing something weird with my phone.. whenever I am on a conversation, if i put the phone to my ear, the screen seems to have a life of its own. It turns on and when my cheek touches some part of the screen, it clicks something. sometimes it makes the brightness zero, sometimes it calls a random number and sometimes it puts the other person on hold.. It’s just weird. I cannot not put the phone to my ear / cheek. it’s becoming very irritating. 

Anyone else experiencing this?

3 replies

Badge

There may be a problem with the proximity sensor. The phone will normally turn the screen off when it senses your face is close to avoid this problem, but it uses the proximity sensor for that. Also, make sure the phone isn’t on speakerphone since it doesn’t disable the screen when you put it up to your face when it’s on speaker.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

There may be a problem with the proximity sensor. The phone will normally turn the screen off when it senses your face is close to avoid this problem, but it uses the proximity sensor for that. Also, make sure the phone isn’t on speakerphone since it doesn’t disable the screen when you put it up to your face when it’s on speaker.

have had this happen to me a few times..but its mainly when im talking on the phone AND doing something else and the phone isnt staying close to my head/the prox sensor. for the OP..keep in mind that if you are running a screen protector those can affect how sensitive or not sensitive the prox sensor is as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Also, alarms & notifications can wake up the screen even though you hear nothing because they’re muted during phone calls. :wink: